Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Why the Fuddle truck converters are so strong

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.fuddleracing.com
Old 09-14-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
i've never even heard of a fuddle converter.
Go over to Tech and plug 'Fuddle' into the search engine. They seem to be taking the market by storm. I've been looking into them because their products, attitude, and service all seem to be top-notch.

They've got a high performance truck converter that appears to be similar in behavior to Yanks TT2600/TT3000, except that it has anti-ballooning and a billet cover included (Yank refuses to put billet covers on their TT-series converters, saying that no one wants them).
Old 09-14-2005, 02:06 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Naked AV
Go over to Tech and plug 'Fuddle' into the search engine. They seem to be taking the market by storm. I've been looking into them because their products, attitude, and service all seem to be top-notch.

They've got a high performance truck converter that appears to be similar in behavior to Yanks TT2600/TT3000, except that it has anti-ballooning and a billet cover included (Yank refuses to put billet covers on their TT-series converters, saying that no one wants them).
I received a PM from Fuddle once after they noticed a couple of stall questions I had in one of my threads. They were very helpful and definitely seem top notch. I look forward to seeing people's results with their verters as I plan on getting some sort of stall when I do my 6.0
Old 09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i thought someone was just editing the F word. i'll look into it. as for yank, i wouldn't use one if it were free.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John is a great guy and really cares about customer service and I will be sure to keep evryone posted. He said his business is really starting to grow and his hard parts list for his converters and the way they are built seem to be top notch but only time will tell once I start playing with it. I have about 2000 miles on the one in it right now and no problems so far but then again I havent really got to play with it hard like the tci.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
i've never even heard of a fuddle converter.
Gah Zippy! Where YOU Been!?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had mine for almost 2 months. I'm really happy with Fuddle. The Customer Service is top notch and the tc is great. I was one of the 1st 3 people to buy the truck converter so I only paid $385 shipped! Now, I believe they are almost $600. They even sent it overnight! I don't have the power to abuse it like most people... but I try my hardest That thing is awsome. It weighs 20+ lbs less than a stock one and it's much smaller so that also helps with the performance. I don't know much about TCs but the tech that installed it said that it looked like a real high quality unit. He pointed out the differences between it and the stocker. The clutch area is massive.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Regarding the Denali that showed signs of excessive transmission fluid temperature even though the gauge never went over 200, I would imagine that the temperature of the fluid coming out of the converter is significantly hotter than that in the pan, which is the location of the sending unit.

That may be a good reason to get the fluid temperature return to the pan quite a bit lower than 200.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Your saying that GM engineered the gauge to be useless?I dont think so,remember that the fluid is under high pressure that fluid is moving pretty dam fast equalizing the temps,I bet there is not a huge difference in temps anywhere in the trans from a high to the lowest at anyone given time.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Launching!

i have a fuddle 2800 and a radix i hope to have installed in a couple of weeks. a radixed 6.0 with awd should be a good test for the verter.

Quick Reply: Why the Fuddle truck converters are so strong