Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

wondering what to do next....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wondering what to do next....

SO as of now i have a 1999 GMC sierra reg cab short bed. NBS
Its got a 99 6.0 lq4 swaped into it. SPECS: 233/239 .595/.603 lift 112LSA Texas speed cam, PTC .675 double beehive valve springs.42lb holley EFI injectors. walbro 255 LPH fuel pump. ls2 head gasket and ARP head bolts, 317 heads shaved 0.030. hardened pushrods, forget length. double roller timing chain. ls7 lifters. STOCK: 99 intake+DBC throttle body, rockers,coils front accessory drive.
What upgrades would you guys recommend to upgrade the motor to make a little more HP before i bring it to get tuned???
( Keeping in mind i will be adding a turbo to the build next winter after i get it all together, running and drove thru this summer to work out the bugs.)
I am getting a stock 2 wd 4l80e transmission from a 03 chevy handicap van next week with 103k miles, 450$ works good he says, what upgrades should i do, if Any. to just get it so the trucks drivable. will do a full rebuild down the road when big power is added.
I talked to Circle D converter, and since i have plans to go boost down the road, he wanted a triple disk converter with a ~3400 stall.
i have a stock 10 bolt rear with 4:10 gears and detroit tru-trac posi unit that works good, 5 lug moser axle swap with 15x10 racestar wheels with 7.25 BS and 315/60/15 MT ET Streets
im doing shock relocation on the rear suspension now, with double adjustable QA1 proma stars shocks. and also debating on going CAL-TRACS VS. SMITH RACE CRAFT'S ASSASSIN TRACTION BARS.... opinions, experiences.??

What are you guys thinking i can do to make this thing a little faster but also keeping the upgrades in mind i will be going turbo, so dont wanna be spending money on parts ill be getting rid of.

Maybe a vic JR intake, elbow, injector, fuel rail, and throttle body.
or could i save alot of money now...
and do a NNBS/TBSS intake swap with fuel rail and TB.

maybe a 2 step setup for consistant launches..??

what other upgrades can you guys see i could use to squeeze a few more HP out???
Old 03-04-2015, 10:39 PM

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...1&d=1425530323

wondering how these would work to compared to caltrac and assassin cars
Attached Thumbnails wondering what to do next....-traction-bars.jpg  
Old 03-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMCsierra99
SO as of now i have a 1999 GMC sierra reg cab short bed. NBS
Its got a 99 6.0 lq4 swaped into it. SPECS: 233/239 .595/.603 lift 112LSA Texas speed cam, PTC .675 double beehive valve springs.42lb holley EFI injectors. walbro 255 LPH fuel pump. ls2 head gasket and ARP head bolts, 317 heads shaved 0.030. hardened pushrods, forget length. double roller timing chain. ls7 lifters. STOCK: 99 intake+DBC throttle body, rockers,coils front accessory drive.
What upgrades would you guys recommend to upgrade the motor to make a little more HP before i bring it to get tuned???
( Keeping in mind i will be adding a turbo to the build next winter after i get it all together, running and drove thru this summer to work out the bugs.)
I am getting a stock 2 wd 4l80e transmission from a 03 chevy handicap van next week with 103k miles, 450$ works good he says, what upgrades should i do, if Any. to just get it so the trucks drivable. will do a full rebuild down the road when big power is added.
I talked to Circle D converter, and since i have plans to go boost down the road, he wanted a triple disk converter with a ~3400 stall.
i have a stock 10 bolt rear with 4:10 gears and detroit tru-trac posi unit that works good, 5 lug moser axle swap with 15x10 racestar wheels with 7.25 BS and 315/60/15 MT ET Streets
im doing shock relocation on the rear suspension now, with double adjustable QA1 proma stars shocks. and also debating on going CAL-TRACS VS. SMITH RACE CRAFT'S ASSASSIN TRACTION BARS.... opinions, experiences.??

What are you guys thinking i can do to make this thing a little faster but also keeping the upgrades in mind i will be going turbo, so dont wanna be spending money on parts ill be getting rid of.

Maybe a vic JR intake, elbow, injector, fuel rail, and throttle body.
or could i save alot of money now...
and do a NNBS/TBSS intake swap with fuel rail and TB.

maybe a 2 step setup for consistant launches..??

what other upgrades can you guys see i could use to squeeze a few more HP out???
I'm running the NNBS intake setup cause it was cheap gains for my "tow truck" I have different goals. I think you'd be better off with an aftermarket performance intake.
Old 03-06-2015, 04:05 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I'd leave the intake until you turbo it it will lose a lot of your lower end torque I had a similar setup with a edelbrock super Victor and it lost alot of the torque I'm back to a nnbs/tbss and ls3 TB when I turbo mine I'm either going holley hi ram or another single plane setup