Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Yank converters-nuff said

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

236/242
Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Charlie@Vengeance
236/242
dang ! . . . what lift/seperation/advance?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by brobradh77
We already had this discussion on the phone....The fact of the matter is Dave you DID re-stall it with out my permission...I asked how much to re stall it because a friend of mine might buy it if it was a 3000..you told me another $100..I said never mind...You sent it back to me and I never took it out of the box so when I sold it people knew it was looked at by you...I sold a TT2600 to someone who drove all the way from Akansas to get this converter from me just to return home and find out you re stalled it to a 3000 stall....Then your defense is you asked me about it and I said nothing so you went ahead and did it.

Then when I called and complained you proceeded to tell me there is no difference in a 3K and a 2600 stall...really? you expect me to believe that BS?

if I knew it was a 3K i would have sold it to my friend and not hung on to it for another month...I was really lucky that the purchaser was ok with a 3K stall..he was in a bind and thats why he drove as far as he did 8hrs. I believe to get it.

Bottom line is i'm done with your converters and will never use another one..that move could have screwed both me and him over..makes me look stupid selling people onething but telling them it was something else.
I really hate it when people bash companies in posts like this when it is either a very unique situation pertaining only to them and their unique requests, or they screwed it up on their own, or simply don't know what they are talking about. If you have a problem why don't you send him a pm or call him and resolve it, people get scared enough over one bad incident out of thousands the way it is on the internet, you don't need to add to it with some he said she said and i really don't know because i never even opened the box nonsense. The fact is there are hundreds of people on this site that are more than happy with yank converters, me being one of them, that wold recommend them to everyone they know. Sorry if you think i'm being a dick, but this stuff really bothers me.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mike and I worked out our differences and has been very stand up with me about the converter issue.

I will add this reply to all my post in this thread.

Last edited by brobradh77; 06-10-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

This is Mike from Yank and I had Dave pull this invoice it was from about 2 years ago it has notes on it theat the customer sent the converter in for repair and when it was opened up ther was nothing wrong with it.
Dave called the customer to explain it was fine
customer asked how much to restall the converter and was quoted price as he had it sold to a friend that wanted a TT3000.
customer said he could not afford the cost Dave restalled the converter to a TT3000 to help with his sale
The Box and invoice is clearly marked with the converter part # TT3000 restall or rebuild and would not need to be opened to know whats inside.

And yes the TT2600 and TT3000 are the same converter with internal mods.

At this point you got your converter rebuilt and restalled to a more costly model for a minor fee.

I hope this clears this up

Mike at Yank
Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

i had two Yanks in my truck, a TT3000, and then a SS3600. i loved both of them and when i get a new truck, Yank will be getting my business again.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

I like hearing the good the bad and the ugly. This thread has not made me decide to go with or against yank. Not everyone will be a happy customer.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every company is going to have some negative feedback, you can't please everybody. From what I've seen of Yank through the years though is that they're a top notch company with good customer service and a good product. It all depends on who you talk to I guess...there are a bunch of guys at SilveradoSS.com that have had some bad experiences that will never use Yank converters again...not sure if they were using TT series converters in boosted applications or locking at WOT or not. Seems like 90% of the folks on this site who use Yank converters are more than satisfied though. I've driven a healty NA 5.3 with a TT3000 and I must say I was totally impressed with the operation of the converter, perfect DD street manners that flashed to 3k when mashing the go pedal to the floor.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've had two converters from yank. one was a tt3000. i loved it in my silverado and when i installed it in my tahoe. but they are not made for boost for sure. so i sold it to a friend in a n/a silvado and he loves it. i upgraded to a sc3200 and oh man i love this thing. it stalls low while DD but soon as boost rolls in its like another converter.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yank
This is Mike from Yank and I had Dave pull this invoice it was from about 2 years ago it has notes on it theat the customer sent the converter in for repair and when it was opened up ther was nothing wrong with it.
Dave called the customer to explain it was fine
customer asked how much to restall the converter and was quoted price as he had it sold to a friend that wanted a TT3000.
customer said he could not afford the cost Dave restalled the converter to a TT3000 to help with his sale
The Box and invoice is clearly marked with the converter part # TT3000 restall or rebuild and would not need to be opened to know whats inside.

And yes the TT2600 and TT3000 are the same converter with internal mods.

At this point you got your converter rebuilt and restalled to a more costly model for a minor fee.

I hope this clears this up

Mike at Yank

This was not 2 years ago..This was October..wrong invoice

Pm sent

Mike and I worked out our differences and has been very stand up with me about the converter issue.

His handling of the situation has renewed my faith in YANK customer service...he has gone out of his way to fix the issue at hand and i truly appreciate it.

Last edited by brobradh77; 06-10-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Yank converters-nuff said