Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Z71 mild lowering pics, and a not so funny (for me) story....OUCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:47 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 391 Likes on 261 Posts

This is all I could think about while reading your story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIwTYL1fwJk
Old 03-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMFAO.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what a dumb bitch...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Oh no ****.. What brought ya down to that neck of the woods??? Recently??
Yeah man...up until today , I'm through that area at least 2 times a day/5 days a week. I've worked at the steel mill for almost 14 years now.

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Man! I feel terrible for ya bud!! Hope you heal fast, that just sounds so damn painful.

Damn trucks, They drain your time, your money , your patience, and now your health!! What a Love hate relationship huh? We suffer from a real sickness!!! Cant tell ya how many times i hurt myself ( not as bad as this though) working on my truck and just wandering why ???? sometimes LOL.

Anyway your truck looks awesome!! Now i know how mine will look lowered, I like it.

Very clean looking for sure.

Hows it ride? , since its lower does it feel like a sports car at all?
Ive always lifted my trucks , but have been wandering if a couple inches lower to get rid of fenderwell space would be worth it or just leave it stock.

Damn you guys here just cant leave anything alone and it costs us all more money ! Haha!

Get well soon and keep the pain pills comin!
Thanks Tim.
Right now, it has that slight bouncey-bounce ride going on because I only had my old stock shocks to put on it. It still, even as it is, 100% outhandles it as it was. Stays real flat on the corners for a truck. Tomorrow my new KYB MonoMax's are due to arrive, but a lot of good they'll do me for the time being.
FWIW, I ordered stock replacement fronts, since I used lowering spindles and stock keys, and ordered 2wd rear shocks since the blocks are gone now. It seems to turn as good as it ever did, and until I can get it re-aligned, I simply adjusted the toe-in by eye for now. Lowered down the front wheels were toed out from how it was when leveled.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Baltimore Whore

UH OOOO.. I know about whats been going on down the point.. **** was not looking good..
Old 03-08-2011, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Atomic
This is all I could think about while reading your story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIwTYL1fwJk
LMFAO!!!...hahaha...If she had a camera in her hand that'd be exactly what my neighbor's saw....haha.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
11 Second Club

UH OOOO.. I know about whats been going on down the point.. **** was not looking good..
Well, it is very stressful, as you can imagine. You get used to a certain way of life, then get threatened daily about if you'll have a job the next day or not...

I guess you heard we have yet another new owner...an AMERICAN this time, if you can believe it, and Sparrows Point is supposed to be the company headquarters with the furnace running ***** out...time will tell. My bet is 3 years or less and we'll be sold again, or closed once and for all...
Old 03-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Baltimore Whore

Yah no doubt. I was with my old company, we replaced a ton of accumulators way up top on L furnace, redid a **** load of tubing, lines, cylinders over the tin mill/ roll out mill.. Hope all goes well, they have been holding on a very long time by a strand.. My dad worked there for 2x years back in its hay day when chit was booming, but chit now is dooming..
Old 03-09-2011, 04:12 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Yah no doubt. I was with my old company, we replaced a ton of accumulators way up top on L furnace, redid a **** load of tubing, lines, cylinders over the tin mill/ roll out mill.. Hope all goes well, they have been holding on a very long time by a strand.. My dad worked there for 2x years back in its hay day when chit was booming, but chit now is dooming..
You a pipefitter John? sounds exactley like the work i do.

We work a lot at the Timken and republic steel mills, just hoping they keep going strong.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up

My dad worked there for 2x years back in its hay day when chit was booming, but chit now is dooming..
Originally Posted by TIM Z
We work a lot at the Timken and republic steel mills, just hoping they keep going strong.
Sure hope it goes back to BOOMING John. I know a ton of guys who went from the standard 40 hour week, to 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week, so something's happening on the positive side for a change. That's the only way we make money down there is from OT. Forty hour checks just pay the bills.

Hopefully, all the USA steel mills get back to being strong Tim. That's one thing those off shore places cannot duplicate...American Steel.
They can copy a set of longtube headers, or some lowering spindles, but have no clue how to make a quality slab of steel. We actually lost some longtime customers due to having used some imported slabs from Russia.

Not to mention...
If things go back to like they were just a few short years ago, I may even be able to buy name brand parts for my truck, LOL....
Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering what spindles you used for lowering your truck.

Quick Reply: Z71 mild lowering pics, and a not so funny (for me) story....OUCH