Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

02 Silverado 2500HD Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Silverado 2500HD Headers

Well as I wrote in my intro thread I have had this truck for not too long and it's time for exhaust. I went to a custom exhaust shop by me and they looked at it and said it already has true duals with cats and they all look fine so he is going to do double outlet catback for me with flowmaster race mufflers. I have a leak in my header manifolds and they are extremely messed up so I am looking for new ones. I figure to make it easier might as well just get shorty headers and not have to fool with longtubes. Best company for stainless steal shorty headers?? Also are there any sponsors on here that sell them at a discounted rate??? Also I guess while i'm doing this I should change the plugs and wires, any recommendations on which ones to go?? It is only going to be an intake/exhaust truck for power so nothing crazy just ones that will last and are good. Thanks let me know guys!!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldn't get shorty headers, they won't do anything honestly. Longtubes are the only way to go if you are going to get headers. If you don't wanna do the longtubes, then get the exhaust done with just some flowmasters like you are going to do and look into a custom tune??? If you don't want to do that then maybe try the GMPP intake? i like the design of them and they are a closed airbox!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear that i was looking into longtubes but wasn't sure how fitment would be and didn't want to fool around with it. Only reason for shorty's is because I have a leak in my stock headers and they are really crapped out and need changing. So if i get shorties it is just replacing stock and will still fit just like stock ones do. I am getting the K&N 77 CAI intake probably tomorrow. I can't afford a tune at the moment.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not many people on here have the 6.0 dual factory on here like us because they are always talking about LTs with ORYs etc. I would like to know if anyone has changed to LTs and how involved it was too. I would assume an exhaust shop could cut and bend down the stock pipes to fit... Not sure if Dynomax, AR Headers or someone else sells a bolt up kit.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
I hear that i was looking into longtubes but wasn't sure how fitment would be and didn't want to fool around with it. Only reason for shorty's is because I have a leak in my stock headers and they are really crapped out and need changing. So if i get shorties it is just replacing stock and will still fit just like stock ones do. I am getting the K&N 77 CAI intake probably tomorrow. I can't afford a tune at the moment.
i wouldn't go K&N. They use an open airbox that just draws hot air in from the engine bay. Your stock intake is already a true cold air intake since it has a closed box. I would recommend the intake system you choose to buy be a true cold air intake as well with a closed airbox to keep the hot air from the engine out.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Baltimore Whore

Pm sent..
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hrmmm never really gone with anything besides K&N they always seem to have the best products as far as intakes on previous rides. Wouldn't the open air system get more air in though??

I hear you neilownz, everyone talking about ORY and stuff i didn't even think to look (stupid me). The exhaust guy goes underneath and was like yeah you already have true duals and they look like they are in good shape. He said he has never done LT's on a truck like that so doesn't know the fitment and all that and said it'd be cheaper to just go shorties and a less headache for him haha. I think shorties will do, its no racecar that's what the T/A is for just some better gas mileage, a nice sound, and maybe a few more ponies haha.

PM returned
Old 05-12-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
hrmmm never really gone with anything besides K&N they always seem to have the best products as far as intakes on previous rides. Wouldn't the open air system get more air in though??

I hear you neilownz, everyone talking about ORY and stuff i didn't even think to look (stupid me). The exhaust guy goes underneath and was like yeah you already have true duals and they look like they are in good shape. He said he has never done LT's on a truck like that so doesn't know the fitment and all that and said it'd be cheaper to just go shorties and a less headache for him haha. I think shorties will do, its no racecar that's what the T/A is for just some better gas mileage, a nice sound, and maybe a few more ponies haha.

PM returned
Look into the GMPP intake, Volant and i think AFE is even closed system. Hmm it might get more air in, but what good is that air if its hot? the restriction is in the stock intake tube more or less
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lightbulb

Check out the Envisia Outlaw intake. They have a fully closed / gasket airbox from the engine compartment. Real nice filter design as well.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

AirRaid makes a tube that your replace your factory tube with.. its a heck of alot cheaper than a K&N Intake. Stock box is good.

Spark plugs- NGK TR-55
Wires - any new ones will work. I just went and found the cheapest ones i could find. They are short so it doesnt matter.

I would look for the Air Raid MIT tube and use the money you saved for a Custom Tune.

I dunno about the exhaust side, sorry. Never hear much about the HDs..
I think Dewey had LTs on his HD.

Quick Reply: 02 Silverado 2500HD Headers