Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

03 silverado 5.3 header & exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 silverado 5.3 header & exhaust recommendations

Im new to this so i need all the help i can get, I'm looking into buying long tube headers and upgrade my exhaust, I want to know what would be the best for performance and sound, also was looking into doing dual exhaust.

I will appreciate all the help thanks
Old 05-30-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

im running pacesetter long tubes to true duals 2.5 inch all the way back to two spintechs dumped right after the mufflers, also no cats
Old 05-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WICK3DxGATA
im running pacesetter long tubes to true duals 2.5 inch all the way back to two spintechs dumped right after the mufflers, also no cats
You did straight down after headers? No y pipe? Do you mind sending a few pics of your set up and how much do you end up spending? And thanks for the reply
Old 05-30-2013, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

i went from headers straight back to two mufflers at the beginning of the bed. i will try to get some pictures. price i paid like 400 for the pacesetters and only 180 for my exhaust because a friend did it for me.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am kinda shopping the same stuff, Texas Speed & Performance seems to be the best place for long tubes. Exhaust, I am liking the corsa and magnaflow. Seems to maintain its deep tones in the higher rpms. Go to youtube and search silverado and exhaust of your choice and hear some options.

Before you choose you need to know where you are going. If you are going forced induction then you would want larger primaries on the headers, if your gonna drop your truck remember you need room for the axle to move.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:48 PM
makes children cry

Received 436 Likes on 358 Posts

search around here for the eBay headers thread. tons of us are running them & they've been great for us. i snagged mine for $275 to the door with the y-pipe. there are a ton of great mufflers out there, and you'll get the best performance from a straight-through design (as opposed to a chambered one).

i used to run dumped under my bed but added tail pipes about 3 yrs ago with long tips (3.5x22) and it got a deeper, more defined sound as well as picked up a little off-idle torque.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

I am about to order a set of longtubes with a y pipe with no cats from texas speed. best bang for buck and really nice pieces from what I can tell. $550 with shipping is about the best deal you're going to find unless you get REALLY lucky on here in the classifieds. I have a 14'' single inlet/dual outlet magnaflow muffler that exits right in front of my passenger rear tire and it sounds AWESOME! I cant wait to see what it's like with longtubes!
Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

I've got American Racing 1 3/4" headers & Y-pipe with w/o cats though a Dynomax catback. I did install a resonator due to cabin drone but it completely eliminated it. Truck sounds awesome with a deep tone, Everyone who rides in it compliments the sound.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by damianldaigle
I've got American Racing 1 3/4" headers & Y-pipe with w/o cats though a Dynomax catback. I did install a resonator due to cabin drone but it completely eliminated it. Truck sounds awesome with a deep tone, Everyone who rides in it compliments the sound.
I did see the American racing headers online, they looked really good and yea I hope I that once I start installing what I buy I hope it sounds great
Old 06-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02b0wti3
I am about to order a set of longtubes with a y pipe with no cats from texas speed. best bang for buck and really nice pieces from what I can tell. $550 with shipping is about the best deal you're going to find unless you get REALLY lucky on here in the classifieds. I have a 14'' single inlet/dual outlet magnaflow muffler that exits right in front of my passenger rear tire and it sounds AWESOME! I cant wait to see what it's like with longtubes!
What long tube headers did you order? Do you mind sending the link so I can take a look at it

Quick Reply: 03 silverado 5.3 header & exhaust recommendations