Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

'03 Tahoe with Predator Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Tahoe with Predator Questions

Got Predator from Tbyrne last week,(great customer service). Installed Base program and then started playing with customizing. I have tranny firmness set as high as it will go, as well as the quickness that it shifts into gear. For me it is still not quite quick enough or firm enough. Without going through a major tranny upgrade, what are my options? Corvette servo, etc. What will this accomplish over what I already have. I am looking for quick, firm shifts, but yet when driven normally, it should be comfortable, not harsh. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I also received a 180 degree thermostat. I live in Seattle, doesn't get that hot. Do I need to run t-stat to increase timing, or should I just increase timing until detonation, then back off? Thanks.

Todd
Old 05-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: '03 Tahoe with Predator Questions

I noticed the same thing about the shifts when I tuned my 03 sierra with the predator. I maxed out all the shift settings, for firm and fast shifts. I really didnt notice any difference.

BUT it is possible that these shift changes ONLY take effect at wide open throttle. I am not sure about this but its possible. Does anyone know if these shift changes are only present at WOT?

As far as the TStat I also got one from Tbyrne with my predator. I am probably not going to install it until the summer hits, and even then I may not. I will see how my coolant and engine temps run. I wouldnt think that on a mildly modified engine that a tstat would make that much of a difference UNLESS you are driving in super extreme heat. With a tstat and ignition advance I wouldnt think the power increases would be to great, maybe 2hp. NOW if someone has found out otherwise please let me know.

I did notice that the last time I was at that drag strip that my BEST runs were with the temp at a little below 200, one click below the 210 (?) mark. If I ran the truck with the guage cooler then my quarter times were not as good.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default Re: '03 Tahoe with Predator Questions

I also purchased the predator from tbyrne and yeah it is the best performing mod i've done to my truck. Far as the Tstat I got with it, yeah maybe I will do it a year from now when I do a cam swap and TB bypass. GM cooling systems are just so annoying and dexcool sometimes smells like $2 ******. Expansion tanks are crap.