Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

04 silverado shooting flames!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When did I say it's too loud *******? Truck has 320k on it and the body is starting to go. I'm done putting anymore money into it, time for a new one
Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by plow0
When did I say it's too loud *******? Truck has 320k on it and the body is starting to go. I'm done putting anymore money into it, time for a new one
Mines too damn loud. As for being called an *******, thanks. Now had u told us that ur truck had over 300k on the odo we might have responded different. Bet u got ur moneys worth outta that truck huh.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well320k is pretty respectable and it's Canada so winters are mean to vehicles. Nothing lasts forever in those conditions if it's not cared for. I love that you have blamed GM entirely for issues when 100% of the work is done by a mechanic meaning you have no idea how competent the guy might be. If he was half decent most of these issues would haven't occurred or at least would have been foreseen. I think trading it in is a great idea. You should buy a Prius or something I hear they get great mileage and are great for the environment.

Originally Posted by RS/SS 4.8
Mines too damn loud. As for being called an *******, thanks. Now had u told us that ur truck had over 300k on the odo we might have responded different. Bet u got ur moneys worth outta that truck huh.
That is in kilometers more than likely, but still quite a bit in Canadian winters.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok guys, enough with the name calling/personal insults. Keep it civil please.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

320k in Canada? That's equivalent to like 45,000 miles right?

If trading the truck in is what you plan to do then I suggest you rethink your financial sense. You just spent a good bit of money to increase the performance on a vehicle that you now plan to sell. The vehicle presumably ran better before those performance modifications. So essentially, if you sell the truck in its current state, you've just paid money to lose money. A concept I find hard to grasp.

You purchased inferior parts that utilize a now abandoned design, you had those parts installed at an incompitent shop, and when problems arrose, your first instinct was to sell the vehicle.

I would honestly suggest that you refrain from modifying your next vehicle. It sounds like you don't have the mechanical know-how or a reputable shop at your luxury where you live. Honda Accords or Toyota Camrys are reasonably priced and may fit your lifestyle a bit better.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomHero
320k in Canada? That's equivalent to like 45,000 miles right?

If trading the truck in is what you plan to do then I suggest you rethink your financial sense. You just spent a good bit of money to increase the performance on a vehicle that you now plan to sell. The vehicle presumably ran better before those performance modifications. So essentially, if you sell the truck in its current state, you've just paid money to lose money. A concept I find hard to grasp.

You purchased inferior parts that utilize a now abandoned design, you had those parts installed at an incompitent shop, and when problems arrose, your first instinct was to sell the vehicle.

I would honestly suggest that you refrain from modifying your next vehicle. It sounds like you don't have the mechanical know-how or a reputable shop at your luxury where you live. Honda Accords or Toyota Camrys are reasonably priced and may fit your lifestyle a bit better.
I like the way you think. You're now my hero!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

wait...nobody has asked for vids of said 3' flame?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

You need a tune
Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
wait...nobody has asked for vids of said 3' flame?
just reading through all of this and i was amazed nobody had asked.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

They prob won't give you much on trade it, i would suggest parting it out, starting with the headers and y pipe, and i call dibs on headers and y pipe.

Quick Reply: 04 silverado shooting flames!!!