Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

04 silverado shooting flames!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fixed the truck, replaced o2 cencors and got all new plugs. Brought it to a different mechanic and he said one of my valves were stuck open, he fixed all that for a great price, truck ran great, but I traded it in for a diesel as my new job required a heavy duty. And for the doubters about the flames, why would I waste my time making a thread about it? For those who were trying to help solve the problem, Thanks. And for all the trading in to a Prius comments, you're all hilarious, really.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by plow0
Fixed the truck, replaced o2 cencors and got all new plugs. Brought it to a different mechanic and he said one of my valves were stuck open, he fixed all that for a great price, truck ran great.

you are either a troll, or you are the stupidest man in canada.

a valve being stuck open is a HUGE issue. To fix that properly you would have to remove the top half of the engine (heads, intake manifold, fuel rails, etc). At that point you have "rebuilt" 50% of the engine, why would you sell it after that?

(waiting for somebody to claim they can fix stuck valves with heads on)
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I rebuild engines while they are still rinning. You have just been 1 up'd sir.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM
hog
TECH Fanatic

When my truck was shooting flames out the side pipes was right after I installed my intake manifold and rewired teh injector harness. On teh scan tool I was having full split BLMs, full max and full negative on teh other bank. When I tapped teh throttle the trims would change and flames would stop.

While it looked cool, it was murder on teh cats. I ended up having the BANK 1 injectors being foired by teh BANK 2 injector drivers. Same thing would happen if you had the O2 sensors wired incorrectly bank for bank.

As stated earlier ir runs better when cold as soon as its started because tthe PCM is in Open loop and is NOT using O2 sensor data for fueling. When I would hold teh throttle wide open the truck ran great. Again because on my PCM being at WOT while in PE mode, the O2 sensors are not being referenced. Fueling at that moment is 100% from teh PE mode lookup tables.

peace
Hog