Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

07 NBS Exhuast Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erronisme
I was looking for a sound clip.....THANKS!
Have any more?

Does anyone know how much difference there is between the touring and the sport?
The touring is a more subdued exhaust, the sport is louder with a sharper bark. If you're worried about the exhaust not being loud enough, get the sport.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Launching!

I do some towing on the highway and some highway driving..... having alot of noise in the cab will put me to sleep or become really anoying...
If it wernt for that Id go with the sport... but I think the touring would better suit me.

I would like to hear the differences tho.... even if I have to crank up the speakers and make the windows in the house rattle
Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Again, nothing can legally void your warranty unless they can "prove" it caused the problem. There was a specific court case that defines that. So you can throw on a supercharger,full bolt ons,cam, and the proceed to blow your transmission to hell and they'll have to prove the added power caused the tranny to fail.

Thats what I origanly thought but I have talked to a couple service managers who have heard that on the 07NBS they state in the waranty info somwhere(cant find it in my waranty info ) that you cannot change exhuast to true duals without voiding the engine waranty Im just trying to figure out if this is true or if there just trying to scare people away from doing it.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go Corsa or GM Performance Parts. Corsa would be first choice though.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Launching!

Corsa isnt a true dual set up

I wonder if that has something to do with the fuel managment system. The active fuel managment system.

I noticed that Tbryne's web page with the Corsa exhaust says that it is tuned for the AFM.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Corsa isnt a true dual set up

I wonder if that has something to do with the fuel managment system. The active fuel managment system.

I noticed that Tbryne's web page with the Corsa exhaust says that it is tuned for the AFM.
GM performance parts exhaust is made by Corsa is what I was told by a GM tech... The dual rear exit GM performance parts catback will not fit your truck without removing the spare tire for good. I am guessing the corsa is the same. You will not have a problem with either if you get the single side outlet exhaust though. I purchased a dual rear exit Borla catback for my truck and it fit without removing the spare.

Tuned for AFM, I believe means in terms of the change in sound of the exhaust when it switches into 4 cylinder mode. I could not tell from inside my cab the change in exhaust pitch with the borla when it switches into 4 cylinder mode. I might have my gf drive it sometime to see if there is a difference when I am behind the truck. I was going to get headers, but I seen that if you remove the emissions equipment the remote start won't work. I am sure you could tune around it, but at this point I am just going to leave the Borla catback on it.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Thats exactly what I was told by a tech(about the remote start) and I like having that so I decided not to mess with it either
Old 08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Launching!

I didnt have any prob's with my Borla set up on my 05... dual out the muffler and out the back bumper. Even with the matching spare 18"

This one.... all I had planned on was doing the single side exit with the twin tips
Old 08-01-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didnt have any prob's with my Borla set up on my 05... dual out the muffler and out the back bumper. Even with the matching spare 18"

This one.... all I had planned on was doing the single side exit with the twin tips

Yeah, there is no problem with the borla... that is what I just put on my NBS 07' RCSB. The problem is with the GM performance catback, and I believe corsa dual rear exit catbacks. The single side exit fits fine from both GM and Corsa.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by chaselanesmith
Thats what I origanly thought but I have talked to a couple service managers who have heard that on the 07NBS they state in the waranty info somwhere(cant find it in my waranty info ) that you cannot change exhuast to true duals without voiding the engine waranty Im just trying to figure out if this is true or if there just trying to scare people away from doing it.

Complete BS. They cannot automatically void the warranty for that unless they can prove that the exhaust was the direct cause of said breakage. Its called the Magnuson-Moss Act. Look it up sometime, its really a good read.

I had warranty work done on my old 04 GMC Sierra 1500 CC-full bolt-ons, cammed, stalled, lowered, open cutout when I pulled into the dealership drive thru- they serviced it no problem. Although I knew if I broke the tranny or rear end or any of the drive train it was my baby.

Quick Reply: 07 NBS Exhuast Options