Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

1-2 Chrip in Tow/Haul w/ 4.8L?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-2 Chrip in Tow/Haul w/ 4.8L?

I was on my way home from work this afternoon and I pulled on the access road of a freeway. I gave it like 7/8 throttle and "VRRRRRRm chirp vRRRRRRRRRm".

I only have a 4.8L with 3.42's and a single delta force 3.5"/3.5" flowmaster.

ANyone else able to do this?

BTW a B&M shift improver kit and a Vette Servo go in this weekend.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mine did it for awhile with the superchips programmer and the tow haul on. Now it just drags into gear. I loved the look on peoples faces when it would throw a little bark. People sometimes thought it was a damn standard.

Originally Posted by SITNLO
I was on my way home from work this afternoon and I pulled on the access road of a freeway. I gave it like 7/8 throttle and "VRRRRRRm chirp vRRRRRRRRRm".

I only have a 4.8L with 3.42's and a single delta force 3.5"/3.5" flowmaster.

ANyone else able to do this?

BTW a B&M shift improver kit and a Vette Servo go in this weekend.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine has the same rear and sometimes will do it from a stop and once on a downshift to first...in regular mode. I haven't driven in T/H enough to notice.
Considering where I live (hot roads) and the surfaces were not perfect,it isn't really impressive,I guess. Still,it's kind of fun.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:47 PM
12 Second Club

yeah mine did it real good, untill the tranny went
I liked it but it wasnt helping me at the track,
real good head turner tho
Old 09-02-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I've done it in mine in tow/haul. With the stock rims and tires though. It's definatley fun, but it does waste time when racing. I do it in my Camaro all the time to scare the ricers. Hehehe.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
I've done it in mine in tow/haul. With the stock rims and tires though. It's definatley fun, but it does waste time when racing. I do it in my Camaro all the time to scare the ricers. Hehehe.
I've raced at your track before...a looooonnnngggg time ago...71 340 Demon (yeah,it was new then) and on the street in Tucson and other places South of there.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

where did you have the tranny selected when you were in tow/haul to chirp that 1-2 shift? i've tried it in mine, but when i pull it all the way in to 1st with tow/haul on it redlines if i don't manually shift into 2nd if i stomp on the throttle.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by shandy294
I've raced at your track before...a looooonnnngggg time ago...71 340 Demon (yeah,it was new then) and on the street in Tucson and other places South of there.
If your 71 Demon was new when you raced here, the you raced at Tucson Dragway, not SIR. It's closed now, I think before I was born it closed. You're old!!! J/K The owner was using it as a runway, to fly drugs up under the radar. I've been out there recently, but track homes are infesting it now!

Hey, 2002yroneformula are you saying your truck doesn't shift at all, or only when you leave it in 1st? If you leave it in 1st (1), then ya its just gonna redline in 1st, same with 2nd and 3rd. I never manually shift mine, so in 4th (D), on the 1st to second shift they'll bark. Well at least with the stock tires it would.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:51 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once I got the shift kit and stall in, it would chirp. I've got the 4.8 and 4.10's. Sometimes I get the serpentine belt chirp though. I guess that's better for the track since the tires don't spin, but I like the chirp on the streets, the look on peoples' faces is priceless
Old 09-03-2004, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
where did you have the tranny selected when you were in tow/haul to chirp that 1-2 shift? i've tried it in mine, but when i pull it all the way in to 1st with tow/haul on it redlines if i don't manually shift into 2nd if i stomp on the throttle.
I just had it in drive and in Tow/Haul.

Quick Reply: 1-2 Chrip in Tow/Haul w/ 4.8L?