Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

1-2 shift after Transgo

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-2 shift after Transgo

I recently installed a Transgo shift kit and Corvette servo and I'm not sure if it is acting correctly. I had Lyndon remove the TM and the shift is a little jerkier then I thought it would be. I used no washers and drilled the holes to what the instructions called for. I have a small video to show what I'm talking about. Is it possible that the jerk is because the RPMs are dropping below my powerband after the shift? You'll have to excuse me on the unsteady hand and the rain in the video. If anyone can tell if this is working properly I would greatly appreciate it.

1-2 shift

Thanks,
-Brandon
Old 10-29-2004, 05:14 AM
TECH Regular

If by 'jerkier' you mean that it snaps, then you have the same result as I with the TransGo kit. When you drill out the feeder holes in the seperator plate, you are drilling holes sized for a STOCK 1-2 servo. Add in the Corvette servo, which uses the supplied line pressure more efficiently, and you have really hard shifts even without any washers in the accumulator. I just had my tranny rebuilt - had the Billet servo, stepped down to a Corvette servo, and I'm going to go back to the standard servo in an effort to make the 1-2 shift tolerable to humans. HTH.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:43 AM
Launching!

Mine does the same thing.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

So it's safe to run no washers in the accumulator? I thought you had to run at least one...

Did you use any rings on the Corvette servo?

The video seems pretty normal to me, but I'm not in the vehicle.

For what it's worth, Here is my truck. Tranny and programming is all stock, except for the shift points. (talk about a bad video!)
Old 10-29-2004, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

it didnt look too bad, could use a "harder" shift
Old 10-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all of the replies, when I installed the Corevette Servo I didn't use any of the spacer rings. I remember reading that if your truck had low miles they weren't needed. Is it possible that the rings would make a difference in the shifts? What affect do the rings have on the shifts?

Thanks,
-Brandon
Old 10-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Launching!

how big did you drill holes? .063 hole, vette, billet, alum. acctuator, no washers, no tm..... should be nice.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Cool - I hear that the 'vette servo rings add firmness (on top of the accumulator-added firmness)... I was just wondering if you were getting added firmness from that.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

hay why ant you all chripping the tires i thought thats what a shift kick does
Old 10-30-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04blackvho
hay why ant you all chripping the tires i thought thats what a shift kick does
It will depending on how you set it up. When I put in the vette servo and the transgo with one washer into my RCLB it did chirp the 1-2's almost every time. Annoying in my book. Took the washer out and more tolerable. Still a little firm for me, next step would be to take out the extra spring they give you that goes on the outside of the piston.

Andrew

Quick Reply: 1-2 shift after Transgo