Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

12 sec ec 2wd silvy

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll probly be going with a 4l80e for sure. i know a buddy that can get me one cheap so i might aswell do the swap. swap kit from speed engineering does it include everything your going to need to do the swap?
now back to the engine. i'm very split on what i wanna do, turbo,nitrous,N/A. only thing i'm sure of is i don't think i wanna go with a supercharger. now is it possible to get 450-500rwhp na on a stock 5.3. tea stage 3 heads and 224 cam hows that sound including all boltons. maybe it will take additional portnpolishing on the heads/manifold. i don't know thats why i'm asking what will it take na to get 450-500rwhp. now on the tuning part of nitrous will a nelson nitrous tune be enough or will i still need to tune it with a wideband, i'm lost there. i know i'm gonna have to take out timing as i increase my shot(isn't it something like 5 degrees for every 50hp). so how do i take timing out. i think i got the whole turbo thing figured out but i'm still split on which way i wanna go. so if i could get some input on the guys that are running these setups and how they like them that would be great. thanks.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I, for some reason, want to say i think you'd have to wail till hell froze over b4 the 5.3 will do 500rwhp on just heads and cam! But im not positive maybe someone else will chime in
Old 03-09-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stretch104
i'll probly be going with a 4l80e for sure. i know a buddy that can get me one cheap so i might aswell do the swap. swap kit from speed engineering does it include everything your going to need to do the swap?
now back to the engine. i'm very split on what i wanna do, turbo,nitrous,N/A. only thing i'm sure of is i don't think i wanna go with a supercharger. now is it possible to get 450-500rwhp na on a stock 5.3. tea stage 3 heads and 224 cam hows that sound including all boltons. maybe it will take additional portnpolishing on the heads/manifold. i don't know thats why i'm asking what will it take na to get 450-500rwhp. now on the tuning part of nitrous will a nelson nitrous tune be enough or will i still need to tune it with a wideband, i'm lost there. i know i'm gonna have to take out timing as i increase my shot(isn't it something like 5 degrees for every 50hp). so how do i take timing out. i think i got the whole turbo thing figured out but i'm still split on which way i wanna go. so if i could get some input on the guys that are running these setups and how they like them that would be great. thanks.

I made 488 rwhp with the factory heads, 212/218 cam & z06 valve springs. I was spraying a 220 shot. If you are going to push that kind of power it will be damn near impossible to achieve max hp without alot of dyno time or doing it yourself, I just haven't seen a heavy modded vehicle that a mail order was able to stick the first time. Even at that the best thing you can do is dyno it, & take it to the track to see what runs best, mine runs faster rich, much richer than what is the base guideline for tuning.

I know that the first tune Mike got (tigerfan187) which was basicaly stock was pretty dead close when we dynoed it. He had gotten from nelson. I feel if you have never tuned before have the mail order done & fine tune it yourself with edit or hp tuners. This will give some time to learn & have something pretty close
Old 03-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

i made 436hp and 401tq with cam-bolt ons-and a 175 shot.