Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

2010 chev 6.2 WOULD NOT MAKE POWER ON THE DYNO?!? WTF!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine with a tune and everything else stock did the same numbers. I was disappointed also. Alot of others have higher numbers but I always wondered if it was the dyno or other people just fudge the #'s to look higher....
Old 10-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter k
Mine with a tune and everything else stock did the same numbers. I was disappointed also. Alot of others have higher numbers but I always wondered if it was the dyno or other people just fudge the #'s to look higher....
well ive been told that most standard chassis dynos seem to read higher numbers but the load testing dynos such as the one i was on seemed to have considerably lower numbers... just the way it works i guess.

my 9.8:1 AFR is what the stock tune produced before any changes were tried... that is what his wideband showed. so either the 02 sensor is out to lunch or GM made it that rich for a reason... it showed 14.7 or so when it needed to be like part throttle and idle. you would think its close then.

thats why im asking if others with same engine having trouble getting more power out of the stock configuration. wouldnt think im the only one.
i will try a more open intake and exh and should see some improvements if one or both are choking the eng back.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 PM
11 Second Truck Club

It made 250 rwhp through a transfer case and automatic trans, probably on big tires. Its perfectly on par for what it is. Anything short of forced induction and your wasting your money.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

I wonder if it is running on some sort of super rich break in mode?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Fuel should be mid to upper 12's, like 12.6 to 13.0 ish. Christ 9.8 is super rich.....Are you running 93 or mid grade? what fuel? What was the total timing at wot?
Old 10-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Teching In

i am running 91 octane. i will have to take my predator handheld and laptop and do a WOT log to see where everything is at for timing. havent had a chance to yet.

like i said before... even when he tried leaning out the AFR from stock readings the engine dropped power. so yeah its real weird.

the one thing i noticed after though was the fuel mileage was better. driving at 120 km/h it was holding at 14.1-14.3l/100 km. i found out that the 6.2 engine does not cut down to 4 cylinder mode like the 5.3. i thought all these newer engines have AFM.
its not 100% accurate but everytime i fill up the actual litres and fuel used is always with in 1 to 2 litres. fairly close.
that 6 speed is nice for cruising. at 120 km/h eng is running around 1950 rpm. i have the 3.42 gears. im getting same mileage as my 08 5.3 running 110km/h but it had 3.73.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 PM
14 Second Truck Club

It's because 6.2s suck, you should get rid of it ASAP...

I have an idea, I tell you what, since I'm such a nice guy I will just swap you for my 5.3.

Let me know.

Your Friend,
Old 10-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by double047
It's because 6.2s suck, you should get rid of it ASAP...

I have an idea, I tell you what, since I'm such a nice guy I will just swap you for my 5.3.

Let me know.

Your Friend,
ahhh... no thanks.

i think ill stick with this doggy 6.2!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i feel like mine is running a whole lot better now that i got some miles on her....

also ive noticed mine is sluggish after i fill it up with gas.. only thing i can think of is that the flex fuel is making the truck rich untill it figures out what fuel is in the truck...

maybe thats what is happening here???

but all in all i still dont think its too far off... only thing that bothers me is that when he played with it nothing changed.. didnt make anymore power...
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fredkj3
i feel like mine is running a whole lot better now that i got some miles on her....

also ive noticed mine is sluggish after i fill it up with gas.. only thing i can think of is that the flex fuel is making the truck rich untill it figures out what fuel is in the truck...

maybe thats what is happening here???

but all in all i still dont think its too far off... only thing that bothers me is that when he played with it nothing changed.. didnt make anymore power...
well yeah you would have thought should be able to make at least a little more power. i think he tried the fuel and spark map from a 6.2 in a 2010 camaro and it still didnt make no difference.
as far as the fuel thing... it had ran thru almost half tank of gas till i drove to dyno shop. plus 91 is all ive put in it. but you never know i guess.

Quick Reply: 2010 chev 6.2 WOULD NOT MAKE POWER ON THE DYNO?!? WTF!?