Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

2500hd headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2500hd headers

Just curious as to why not many ppl have applications listed for headers on the HD's? Is it because there is a 2" difference in frame/body due to the HD package? I'm making a purchase very soon for headers, BUT I would be highly irritated if I got my manifolds off and went to put on headers that are listed for 6.0's but for a 1500 application and they don't fit. Its my daily driver so I couldn't have it down for more than a whole day doing this.
Anyone know offhand any companies that actually have headers listed for the 2500hd? I did a small search but really didn't find anything for my app.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:57 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stranger ranger
Just curious as to why not many ppl have applications listed for headers on the HD's? Is it because there is a 2" difference in frame/body due to the HD package? I'm making a purchase very soon for headers, BUT I would be highly irritated if I got my manifolds off and went to put on headers that are listed for 6.0's but for a 1500 application and they don't fit. Its my daily driver so I couldn't have it down for more than a whole day doing this.
Anyone know offhand any companies that actually have headers listed for the 2500hd? I did a small search but really didn't find anything for my app.
Are you looking for a direct bolt in, with the pipes off of the headers to the catback? If so, check out American Racing Headers, StainlessWorks, and Dynatech. You could also search Ebay for the OBX knock offs...
Old 11-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered a set of pacesetters for my 2500HD i was a little concerened to but just google "will pacesetters fit 2500HD" there was enough evidence of people getting them to fit fine for me to order my set.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

I'm looking to put some headers on my 2500 HD 4x4, Will those same headers work for mine? Let me know how yours fit. Mine is an NNBS but there shouldnt be a whole hella lota difference.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

My main concern is pricing. I need two headers and headers only because HD's come factory with dual exhaust. I just might need to put a few pieces of pipe together. Other than that I should have nothing to worry about. I'd probably end up welding a flange on the end for easy hook up.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:21 AM

I put the pace setters on my 2500 4x4 non hd with the 6.0. I had to take a sawzall and cut part of the ear that sticks off the side of the passanger side tranny. Other than that they fit perfectly. Dont let that one cut scare ya, it takes 2 minutes.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

04 non HD 3/4 2500, 4wd

I put a set of Stainless Steel Works 1-7/8 header on mine. Dropped right in with no cutting. They did touch a little on the drivers side heat sheild . . . but I used a big screw driver to push away at it with no problems.

I hacked up the stock y-pipe, ran v-band clamps after the collectors, to the cross over, then dual DMH 3" cutouts, to the factory cats, then to the factory muffler.

It sounds great and his hard . .
Old 12-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Teching In

I am in the same boat. Want to get a set soon, damn exhaust bolts on these 6.0. Just annoying, but still.

So pacesetters fit huh? Probably go that route then.

Jon
Old 12-03-2010, 02:41 PM
Teching In

The problem with the 2500HD application is the connector pipes from headers to stock exhaust. Most of the 5.3L 1500 headers fit the 6.0L 2500HD but the Y-pipe will not work. There isn't a demand for 2500HD headers so nobody makes connector pipes.

The SW sets looks like it would work without too much fabrication.

I've looked at the Thorley kit before for my 2005 2500HD 6.0L. I like the idea of the smaller primaries and tri-y design of the Thorley headers. The Thorleys are 1-5/8" primaries versus SW 1-3/4" headers. I'm more after low and mid range torque. The Thorleys require custom pipe work to connect to the factory 2500HD pipes.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

There is no need for a y pipe. The HD's come from the factory with dual exhaust into the muffler then exits as one. Only thing I see needing to be done is once the headers are installed just connect them to the factory pipes but obviously you would need to trim them down due to the LT's. On the drivers side, I see a 90 degree elbow and some straight pipe and for the passenger just a straight piece of pipe, a couple of clamps and you're done. Anyone have a part number for the pacesetters? I tried to email them but I never got a response. Being that they do not have a y pipe should make things much easier and this is why there needs to be a market for them.

Quick Reply: 2500hd headers