Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

3" quiet true duals

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 06:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Those need to flare up and be 5' longer to be bozuku. Dunno what you studied, but it wasn't culture 😂
Sometimes you just have to live with something that's shorter than you'd like it to be.

Originally Posted by _zebra
shoot... i married a bona fide oriental that looked less rice than that contraption!
Truck rice is the new rice so its acceptable now.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:37 PM
makes children cry

Received 440 Likes on 361 Posts

but ain't that car-cultural appropriation?
Old 10-03-2020, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by _zebra
but ain't that car-cultural appropriation?
Didn't the left make that illegal?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

This exhaust should be illegal, it's to loud still after adding 1 set of vibrant bullet resonators. My decibel meter shows a drop of 2 decibels at idle but everywhere else there is no change. I tried to get them to cram the ultra quiets somewhere but they didn't think they would fit without removing cross members to weld and they werent interested in doing that. I emailed Flopro about the intern differences in their 3 big oval mufflers. I have a feeling I'll just end up putting the one I took off back in.

Atleast the tips look decent

Old 10-03-2020, 01:49 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

Have you got room for two 5 x 11 x 22 Magnaflows? I'm running two 5 x 9 x 14 Magnaflows behind two vibrant resonators and it's perfect for me. Swapping out my 1-3/4" headers to 1-7/8's seemed to quieten it even more, but it's most likely taking care of exhaust leaks around the band clamps.

On a side note... my tailpipes no longer fit in the proper "ok boomer" rear exit after swapping headers. I had to cut off the ends of the tailpipes at the mufflers as they had the welded hanger parts just to be able to support the mufflers. It was obnoxiously loud.

Took it to my muffler guy, he's a LS hotrodder too. While he was welding the tails back together and adding extra muffler hangers (so I wont have to cut the tails again) we were talking hotrod's. After he finished his helper was pulling to truck off the lift... I asked "what do I owe ya man"? "ehhh I'll catch ya next time bud"! He spent just over and hour and used his hangers. It's nice to have a cool muffler guy! I think it has a lot to do with I never ask him the cost upfront and he always cuts me a deal

Two 5 x 9 x 14 Magnaflows & Vibrant Resonators

3" quiet true duals-gku26du.jpg
The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RedXray
Have you got room for two 5 x 11 x 22 Magnaflows? I'm running two 5 x 9 x 14 Magnaflows behind two vibrant resonators and it's perfect for me. Swapping out my 1-3/4" headers to 1-7/8's seemed to quieten it even more, but it's most likely taking care of exhaust leaks around the band clamps.

On a side note... my tailpipes no longer fit in the proper "ok boomer" rear exit after swapping headers. I had to cut off the ends of the tailpipes at the mufflers as they had the welded hanger parts just to be able to support the mufflers. It was obnoxiously loud.

Took it to my muffler guy, he's a LS hotrodder too. While he was welding the tails back together and adding extra muffler hangers (so I wont have to cut the tails again) we were talking hotrod's. After he finished his helper was pulling to truck off the lift... I asked "what do I owe ya man"? "ehhh I'll catch ya next time bud"! He spent just over and hour and used his hangers. It's nice to have a cool muffler guy! I think it has a lot to do with I never ask him the cost upfront and he always cuts me a deal

Two 5 x 9 x 14 Magnaflows & Vibrant Resonators

Wow thats a lot in a small space. I will have to get back under it and measure. Do you happen to have a pic that shows the big mufflers a little better?
Old 10-03-2020, 04:28 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Wow thats a lot in a small space. I will have to get back under it and measure. Do you happen to have a pic that shows the big mufflers a little better?
3" quiet true duals-5b21hgc.jpg
The following 2 users liked this post by RedXray:
dantheman1540 (10-03-2020), silentbravo (10-03-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RedXray
That looks really good! Definitely going to get the tape measure out again. Have you ever checked the decibel level in the cab? I downloaded a free app to do my tests.

Also I have a feeling truck exhaust run out the back are typically much quieter than SUVs since the tips aren't directly under the passenger compartment. I measure only about an 8 decibel difference between being right in front of the tips compared to sitting in the driver seat with windows rolled up. I have knock off dynamatt over the entire floor, doors, hatch and rear quarter panels best I could get.

I kinda want to take the Flopro I took off and cut it open to see if they neck down inside or have anything more restrictive than the picture on their site shows.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 122 Likes on 104 Posts

Well it's not "sounding" good if your big Magnaflow dual I/O plus resonators is loud. I'm going to be installing mine hopefully fairly soon (12599) with dual pipes going out to the rear corners of the bed and hoping I can quieten down some from my rusted through single I/O Flo-Pro muffler.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silentbravo
Well it's not "sounding" good if your big Magnaflow dual I/O plus resonators is loud. I'm going to be installing mine hopefully fairly soon (12599) with dual pipes going out to the rear corners of the bed and hoping I can quieten down some from my rusted through single I/O Flo-Pro muffler.
Did you already buy a 12599? I'll have one for sale soon lol.

Quick Reply: 3" quiet true duals