Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

The 418 rotating assembly is FINALLY here(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
BOlt down. They arent one solid shaft all the way across. It is two rockers per shaft so you can just shim them to the right valve lash. There will be pics and Ill post up how I adjusted them once I get to that point which right now looks a long ways off

How much where they and where did you get them. Ive been trying to decide on a set I was lookin at the Harland sharp rockers they look pretty sweat.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
How much where they and where did you get them. Ive been trying to decide on a set I was lookin at the Harland sharp rockers they look pretty sweat.
Screw Harland sharps there have been way too many complaints from people on them for me to even think about getting them. After my experience with my comp roller rockers and other peoples experience with stud mounted rockers I will NEVER buy stud mounted rocers. People have alot of problems with the studs backing out. I got mine for 700 from a local shop pm me for details. Either way you need valve cover spacers to clear them on the jesels.

Last edited by 1slow01Z71; 12-01-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Harland Sharps are on my mine and they are killing it from around 5200 all the way up. This has been seen on LSx type motors with roller tip rockers before, It just falls on its face. I can make you a nice deal on a set in a few weeks when I swap cams. I wouldn't put these pieces of crap on anything, they just plain suck, noisey as all hell too. We shut off the knock sensors and proved that they are killling the valves.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by mattrem
Harland Sharps are on my mine and they are killing it from around 5200 all the way up. This has been seen on LSx type motors with roller tip rockers before, It just falls on its face. I can make you a nice deal on a set in a few weeks when I swap cams. I wouldn't put these pieces of crap on anything, they just plain suck, noisey as all hell too. We shut off the knock sensors and proved that they are killling the valves.
There you go Yellow yet another happy customer
Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

There you go Yellow yet another happy customer

Dam! I was about to buy a set to!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Don't do it, waste of time and money. Want them? Give me 100 bucks.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:26 PM

Research pays off thats why it takes me so damn long ot get naything cause I go through about 1000 pages of threads on various boards to find out if they work or not. Most of your ?s on if stuff works or not can be answered by searching over on tech. I am actually thinking baout selling the Jesels when I get them and going with a different setup If you are interested Yellow I might sell them to you for a discount
Old 12-01-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Research pays off thats why it takes me so damn long ot get naything cause I go through about 1000 pages of threads on various boards to find out if they work or not. Most of your ?s on if stuff works or not can be answered by searching over on tech. I am actually thinking baout selling the Jesels when I get them and going with a different setup If you are interested Yellow I might sell them to you for a discount

I dont know whats wrong with them
Old 12-01-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Something about the roller tip does it I think, Slow if you could hear mine on the dyno you would ****.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:33 PM

NOthing is wrong with them but the speed shop that I deal with one of their customers need a test mule to test out one of their products and its free so I figure why not

Mattrem I am well aware of how loud roller tips are my truck used to Comp roller rockers on it and they were loud *** hell.

Quick Reply: The 418 rotating assembly is FINALLY here(pics)