Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

5.3 headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 headers

yup just trying to do some reserch on some headers for a 5.3 ive herd of pace setter long tubes with the off road y pipe are those ne good?i keep hereing bad things about them dose nebody have some?how are they?just woundering whats every bodys fav ive herd really good things about the togs but there pretty expensive i dont care about smog so yeah let me know thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sicgmc
yup just trying to do some reserch on some headers for a 5.3 ive herd of pace setter long tubes with the off road y pipe are those ne good?i keep hereing bad things about them dose nebody have some?how are they?just woundering whats every bodys fav ive herd really good things about the togs but there pretty expensive i dont care about smog so yeah let me know thanks
The Pace LT's are gaining poulairty very very fast due to the price point and the fact you can get a y-pipe. I havent seen of anyboday hating on them yet. They seem to fit well and make great power. TOG's IMO arent really a long tube. I think they should be classified as a mid-lengths. It all depends on how much you feel like spending. You cant go worng with the Pacesetters. I havent had the time to put mine in yet. Thats my project for next weekend I hope.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:02 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

where did you hear negative about pacesetters? i have them but i havent installed them yet. quality of work and finish get two thumbs up from me though
Old 10-16-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
where did you hear negative about pacesetters? i have them but i havent installed them yet. quality of work and finish get two thumbs up from me though
Thats my 2 cents also!!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put a set of pcesetters in and they are a great set. quility, fit, finish. Also you cannot beat the price. Who ever said bad stuff is on good drugs.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Teching In

i herd from a friend he said that they were junk and some one from a exhust shop said the same thing they both say the weilds suck and they tend to crack really quickly?did u guy feel a big difference with them?i think im gonna end up with a set of them if u all say there good!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1sicgmc
i herd from a friend he said that they were junk and some one from a exhust shop said the same thing they both say the weilds suck and they tend to crack really quickly?did u guy feel a big difference with them?i think im gonna end up with a set of them if u all say there good!
People bash them all the time. F-body guys like them because of the price point and they go in easy. I actually ran into a guy today that had the Pace LT's on his truck. Like 6 months old and still looked good. They sounded killer too. And he still had the cats riding in there. My friend hated his Jet Hotted Hookers. He had to take them off and send them back. AIR fittings and the EGR fitting were cracking off AFTER 3 MONTHS. Lets talk about quality there. Do some searching on LS1Tech on Pacesetter. They have their ups, they have their downs. Lets look at what these cost compared to a stainless header. A hell of alot less. If you want a header that will last 20 years and you live near alot of salt. Yes stainless will prevail. I was very pleased by what I saw when I pulled my Pacesetters out of the box. Thick beads, good trail. If you dont feel you will be happy with the Paces, go with another brand. Dont listen to a person that doesnt own them already. Just listen and watch the threads from those who have some or have them installed. See what they have to say. But my 2 cents, Im not paying $800+ dollars for headers. Period. Those who want to melt their credit card buy Dynatech.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:00 PM
11 Second Truck Club

pacesetter's are the best bang for the buck. very straight forward and easy to install. been having mine on since may and still look good as the day i put them on. no problems...
Old 10-16-2005, 07:49 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Dynatechs are nice too....I also heard they changed their tubes to help with the wires getting burned.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
People bash them all the time. F-body guys like them because of the price point and they go in easy. I actually ran into a guy today that had the Pace LT's on his truck. Like 6 months old and still looked good. They sounded killer too. And he still had the cats riding in there. My friend hated his Jet Hotted Hookers. He had to take them off and send them back. AIR fittings and the EGR fitting were cracking off AFTER 3 MONTHS. Lets talk about quality there. Do some searching on LS1Tech on Pacesetter. They have their ups, they have their downs. Lets look at what these cost compared to a stainless header. A hell of alot less. If you want a header that will last 20 years and you live near alot of salt. Yes stainless will prevail. I was very pleased by what I saw when I pulled my Pacesetters out of the box. Thick beads, good trail. If you dont feel you will be happy with the Paces, go with another brand. Dont listen to a person that doesnt own them already. Just listen and watch the threads from those who have some or have them installed. See what they have to say. But my 2 cents, Im not paying $800+ dollars for headers. Period. Those who want to melt their credit card buy Dynatech.
I have had mine on for like 6 months and they still look as good as the day i put them on. i installed them in about 3 hours and that was including the time it took to find tools i clumsily misplaced and such. I give pacesetter 2 up. i like them and they sound purty good.

Quick Reply: 5.3 headers