Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

5.3cr vs 6.0cr

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as he doesn't have to do any major modifications to the car and keeps the factory engine there's no reason it won't keep at least most of it's value.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JYount
I'm all for performance, but are you insane? Unless that car is beat to a pulp you got a classic worth alot of jingle, like 20k and up in good shape just like it sits...your car I know, but wow...
yea i know but the car will not be cut up, i will keep every last nut and bolt so i could put it back to 6cyl if i wanted. I just want to be a little different with the car... so as of right now it looks like a 6.0. And no the car is not beat up im just finishing a frame off on it, so no time better than the present to do the swap. Thanks Curt
Old 02-09-2009, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sounds awesome, i really hope you keep us posted on what goes on with this swap!
Old 02-09-2009, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by turbobuick231
yea i know but the car will not be cut up, i will keep every last nut and bolt so i could put it back to 6cyl if i wanted. I just want to be a little different with the car... so as of right now it looks like a 6.0. And no the car is not beat up im just finishing a frame off on it, so no time better than the present to do the swap. Thanks Curt
WOW, to each his own....
Wish I had a cherry 87 GNX.
When I got married 8 years ago any was on my honeymoon in Pigeon Forge Tennesee, there was an 87 GNX, SHOWROOM, with something like 21k miles for 13k. I told my wife "I should buy that, cause in 10 years it will be worth 25k or more." "That's better than the stock market."
She didn't disagree...I was too damn dumb to buy it, DANGIT!!!!
Wish it was that easy to get permission now...
They say forgiveness is easier than permission though...