Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

5.3L exaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QLF
I like my Pacesetters, they fit well and the build quality is top notch. If you live in an area with a harsh winter and a lot of salt, you might want to spend an extra few bucks on a nicer set. I've seen the ceramic coating on the Pacesetters get rusted through in a couple of winters. Other than that, you can't beat them for the price.
x2.. pacesetter will give you just about the same performance as the others but are cheaper. If you need the high quality build because of salt spend the money on dynatechs. I have American Racing Headers and like them more that the Dynas but thats preference. If it were me I would buy the cheaper set and go true dual.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:05 PM

well thank you but I think I have decided to get the dynatech system and install it with a new cam kit and a nelson tune.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01gmc
well thank you but I think I have decided to get the dynatech system and install it with a new cam kit and a nelson tune.
What was the point questions if you already had made up your mind?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 AM

well the point of the question was to try and find a good reason for me to go with the pacesetters. and to see if they even had an advantage over the dynatechs. and I came to realize you get what you pay for. If i wanted to save some cash but sacrifice some quality go with the pacesetters, but I don't want to do that, I don't want to have to deal with them rusting because I didn't pay the extra $$ to get the dynatech system that i will only need to install once. I like the fact that i can buy the entire system from dynatech.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM

and sorry if i came off as an ******* I just wanted to get some info.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01gmc
well the point of the question was to try and find a good reason for me to go with the pacesetters. and to see if they even had an advantage over the dynatechs. and I came to realize you get what you pay for. If i wanted to save some cash but sacrifice some quality go with the pacesetters, but I don't want to do that, I don't want to have to deal with them rusting because I didn't pay the extra $$ to get the dynatech system that i will only need to install once. I like the fact that i can buy the entire system from dynatech.
I bought used Pacesetters LTs for my camaro. They were coated and I lived in Hawaii. Had the LTs on there for 2 years an no rust. I think that's damn good considering I could throw a rock to the beach.

You can't go wrong with dynatech or PS. I'm just saying that your reasoning is a bit off. Even KOOKs have had their fitment issues and those are over $1.2k for a set.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:18 AM

i guess you are right. what is the coating on the pacesetters? and I will want new cats with my exhaust upgrade. how much will new cats cost?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

LPP isnt a "race proven" company as you say, but I would pick them over pacesetters. They are made out of higher quality stainless than the dynatechs for a fraction of the cost.
The are pretty much equal to the price of PS Headers. I would seriously consider them.

Look into the Magnaflow hi-flow cats.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 PM

well by looking at the price of things I wont save much money. PaceSetter LTs $452 and with the MagnaFlow Direct-Fit Catalytic Converters $727. that all is $1179 this is not much of a savings to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

coated pacesetters are $375.....

Quick Reply: 5.3L exaust