Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

6.0 Installed And Won't Turn Over!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 Installed And Won't Turn Over!!!

I just finished up my 6.0 and new transmission install and now the truck won't turn over. I also installed my nelson tune, so i thought that I needed to do the security relearn... BUT my security light doesn't even blink continuously like it should have after it was installed. I then started reading about the security relearn and it should have at least turned over, and it didn't even do that! It's a 99 so shouldn't i have to do the security relearn too? The only things blinking are battery, low fuel, engine oil, and check engine... (although it is full of new engine oil). THE BIG QUESTION is why isn't it even turning over? Where would you start checking for things that could be wrong? (The Starter?) Pretty well everything was reinstalled so it could be anything...
Old 06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

check all your relays and fuses!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check ground wires make sure battery is HOT.. when you say not turning over do you mean its not making any noise just the key switch is turning and not the engine or is the engine turning over but not firing
Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skeet
check ground wires make sure battery is HOT.. when you say not turning over do you mean its not making any noise just the key switch is turning and not the engine or is the engine turning over but not firing
Which ground in specific would cause it to not even turn over? And when i say turn over i mean the motor... the key turns but the engine doesn't make a noise... i can hear the fuel pump that's it....
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DLH2006
check all your relays and fuses!
don't relays reset themselves? I'll be checking fuses in the morning, are there any in specific that could be related?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Launching!

real easy. check to see if you have power on the purple wire on the starter while cranking. if you do then you need a starter. if you dont then you can swap relays with the A/C. and check you fuses. also did you get the ground wire on the drivers side of the block. it should have two wires going to it. then there is on on the back of the engine with one wire going to it behind the intake. also relays dont reset themselves. circuit breakers do.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the starter wires. They have thin insulation and if they have a tiny hole, it will short out and blow the large fuse (2.99 a pop) the second you turn the key forward. There's a chance it may have been punctured during the install. This happened to me once.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gmtechnician
real easy. check to see if you have power on the purple wire on the starter while cranking. if you do then you need a starter. if you dont then you can swap relays with the A/C. and check you fuses. also did you get the ground wire on the drivers side of the block. it should have two wires going to it. then there is on on the back of the engine with one wire going to it behind the intake. also relays dont reset themselves. circuit breakers do.
grounds are on and the relays for the A/C and starter are different sizes in my fuse box... but the one for the headlights was the same size so i swapped it out and still have no luck... nothing changed
Old 06-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Any Ideas???
Old 06-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Launching!

make sure the gear indicator on the transmission is plugged in. it is the nuetral safety switch and it will do nothing if not plugged in

Quick Reply: 6.0 Installed And Won't Turn Over!!!