Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

6.0 Turbo build pics! (56k nono)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:31 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow6.0.
Pretty nice truck, where are you located? Are those numbers corrected? What MM is a gt 76? I wonder how much more drivetrain loss I'll have with a t56 vs a trucks drivetrain with an auto? Im looking to run around 10 psi through a 70mm.
Thanks for the compliment, I like my truck too . I live in LA so no correction needed since I'm at sea level if that's what your asking. Numbers are a work in progress, lotta bugs to work out of my system but it should be high 7xx's when done. GT-76 is 76mm. I think your turbo size is very good, both a 67mm and a 76mm have proven to work well on 6L and your smack in the middle so your in good shape.
10 psi on a stock 6L should put you right on the north side of 500 rwhp. However being your a stick you should be a little higher since I believe T-56 have less drivetrain loss that our truck 4L60E's and 4L80E's. You should be safe at that psi if your tune is accurate but you might want to look up some meth injection just to be on the safe side.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Lol, nope! I'm excited to see how your build goes! Welcome to the site btw!
Don't worry about purists on this side of the site (LS1tech being the other side). We're all good natured and love anything power related. You probably wouldn't hear a peep from anyone on here if you were putting a 5.4L cobra engine in a camaro. Most of us would think it cool and unique!

You ever run your old set-up at the track? I love the flat black look of your car. Not sure if it's temporary but it's a look I admire.

Couple questions...
What size turbo?
Did you make those hot pipes or are they a kit?
Are you keeping the rotating assembly stock on the 6L?
How much boost you planning to run?
What are your power goals?
You might wanna get a bigger A/R housing...then again it depends on the previous question now doesn't it!

oh and welcome again to the site.
What size turbo? 70mm
Did you make those hot pipes or are they a kit? It was the kit for the 5.0 i just modified it
Are you keeping the rotating assembly stock on the 6L? Yes engine will be all stock.. I am just upgrading the valve train with ls6 springs and hardened pushrods and a ls6 cam.
How much boost you planning to run? I have a 10 lb spring in there.. hoping thats all I'll need.
What are your power goals? Around 550
You might wanna get a bigger A/R housing... Im upgrading the housing from a .68 to a .96.

I never took the 5.0 to the track.. im more of a street kinda guy. I will tell you i didnt have much trouble keeping some stock litre bikes at bay.

The color of the car by the way is DSG dark shadow gray. Its a ford OEM paint color on the newer fords.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Thanks for the compliment, I like my truck too . I live in LA so no correction needed since I'm at sea level if that's what your asking. Numbers are a work in progress, lotta bugs to work out of my system but it should be high 7xx's when done. GT-76 is 76mm. I think your turbo size is very good, both a 67mm and a 76mm have proven to work well on 6L and your smack in the middle so your in good shape.
10 psi on a stock 6L should put you right on the north side of 500 rwhp. However being your a stick you should be a little higher since I believe T-56 have less drivetrain loss that our truck 4L60E's and 4L80E's. You should be safe at that psi if your tune is accurate but you might want to look up some meth injection just to be on the safe side.
I considered meth and may do it down the road. Its definately some nice insurance. I am intercooled and only running about 10 psi I am really thinking I wont have much issues. We have 94 octane here too at the pumps. I ran the mustang to hard.. about 16 psi on pump gas :-O I blew a ring land.. old technoligy engine doesnt have alot of the nice abilitys a lsx does for tuning like knock sensors to pull timing under detonation being one of them.. not to mention countless others.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:14 AM
Teching In

Couple more questions, where did you tap your oil pan for the turbo drain? How much timing are you running?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:50 AM
Launching!

I bet that light bastard is going to SCOOT with that setup. Whats the weight? Gotta be close to 3,000lbs, if that.

I was big into Fox Bods back in the mid-late 90s. Windsor based 351s were the way to go then. But are no match for the head flow that the LSX engines offer.

Great job!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:54 AM
Teching In

with the 5.0 and and full turbo kit my car weighed 2950lbs But I actualy think the 6.0 is a little lighter because the intake weighs 1 lb.. my mustang intake is around 40
Old 06-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Teching In

perfect stang!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Teching In

thx!!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Sweet setup!

Can't wait to see it done.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

most people tap the pan above the low oil unit on the passenger side oil pan, or below the crank pulley in the front, keep it downhill. I would think timing would be in the neighborhood of 17ish. but that all depends as ya know.
pressure side and return

Quick Reply: 6.0 Turbo build pics! (56k nono)