Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

6.0L Quote.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 06:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quik
man up and install yourself. its very simple if you have the background or comonsense. thats a bought not built setup, but this is only my opinion. buying a motor is one thing but paying someone to install is another.
If I had the time it wud be great fun to install myself...unfortunately $1800 for several hrs of work is lots cheaper than my time, plus I just don't have the expertise to make it happen in less than dbl the time it'll take a pro to install & tune. If u can do that machine work properly urself, I'm impressed. Uv got lots of cash invested in tools if nothing else. R/
Old 05-02-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dhpro
If I had the time it wud be great fun to install myself...unfortunately $1800 for several hrs of work is lots cheaper than my time, plus I just don't have the expertise to make it happen in less than dbl the time it'll take a pro to install & tune. If u can do that machine work properly urself, I'm impressed. Uv got lots of cash invested in tools if nothing else. R/
Dude,
$1800 for an engine install? Crap I live locally. I'll help you out.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:29 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for 1800 dollars hell ill drive up from PGH and install it, then send you computer out ot someone and still be less then what your paying.

i dont do machine work but i do install and assemble
Old 05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was younger time was cheap and I did all it took to save money...now that I'm a little older I've realised that time is the one thing we don't have much of, and only rarely can u buy more of. I've learned the hard way that cheapest is rarely cheap in the long run, and always the most stress inducing. We all make time for that special hobby, but if ur like me and ur a jack of all trades, but a master of none, ull always be willing to yield to the guy who knows his ****. I've come full circle now and pay other people to do what they do best. I won't let myself be scalped, but I will let them trim me, just like I do to my guys, that way they're obliged to provide good service. There's always a cheaper way, a better deal, a fster car, richer guy, but u only have to worry about ur own peace of mind.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wanna see more of these 408 setups with 540 rwhp!

Pm me too and tell me what did to achieve a number like that, please.

I am not as experienced as you, and Im sure you know a hell of a lot more than me, but I was looking over on tech to figure out what a 408 will put out and the number I stated was the average I saw. Some of those guys dont **** around and I didnt see anything NA that puts more than 500 down.

Please, fill me in!

If you can prove to me that a 408 can reliably put down over 500 to the wheels, I wont sell my lq4 and ill build the ****** ******.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:05 PM
5 year bitches!

pewterssZ is the guy that had the motor and again has it getting built up more radical. reason you dont see on tech is not everything is on the net. some things off top of my head that i can remember from the first setup. LS6 intake, cam close to the Trex specs, worked over 243 castings, roller rockers, 11.5 CR, lunaiti rotating assembly, 42# svo injectors, Fbody accesorries, ed wright tune. this setup was in a RCSB. now hes going with worked L92 heads, a larger cam similar towards the Giant/Trex specs, sheetmetal intake and forget what else. this is also going in a Trailblazer

also its not that unreasonable to make the numbers. Trex cam and good tune nets around 430 rwhp now do more cubes, head work along with tune.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes, but to me that is close to all out race. what TC was he running? a 4500?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by 99BlAcKz71
yes, but to me that is close to all out race. what TC was he running? a 4500?
4400 PI. i didnt say DD, to get numbers like that, they are solely race setups.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya thats what I thought...

I was meaning a Semi-DD setup, sorry I didnt clarify.

I would want to be running a 3k.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:04 AM
Launching!

For a less price you can get an ls2 with 400 horsies and room to improve just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: 6.0L Quote.