Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

60 lb injector swap on Radix 2004

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wideband "Dynojet Type" and lots of......

Jimbob
Old 05-07-2005, 11:22 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just don't understand how there are people making more power on the 42 lb marine injectors....More mods, etc. I have seen a LQ4 run 10 psi and be too rich on the stock Radix injectors. I am thinking there is a hidden Gremlin in that H2 that the bigger injectors are hiding. Just a side note, the stock FPR on the 03 and younger trucks is not boost sensitive.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:40 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbob
Wideband "Dynojet Type" and lots of......

Jimbob
thats certainly a quality piece.

Originally Posted by jimbob
These injectors due kick ***...but...a big warning to any novice tuner expecting to just rescale the IFR tables and expect them to be even remotely close. Cory's happy...I'm happy...the world is back on axes again
you could post up the tables you modified to help future 60lb endeavors
Old 05-07-2005, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

"BlownChevy"

I just don't understand how there are people making more power on the 42 lb marine injectors....More mods, etc. I have seen a LQ4 run 10 psi and be too rich on the stock Radix injectors. I am thinking there is a hidden Gremlin in that H2 that the bigger injectors are hiding. Just a side note, the stock FPR on the 03 and younger trucks is not boost sensitive
There could be some truth to the odd Hummer issue. BigTex looked at Cory's Maf tables post and prior "Radix." The tables were all scewed 6% or so, over any truck with 85mm Maf. Also, I noted that the Radix program was 12.7 or so, AFR with all stock componets and boost, really odd. Well, atleast thats taken care of now on to big and better things.....say cam and boost...

"moregrip"

Cory, has the 60's program but I'm sure he would be willing to share with any body. He's trying to be as technical and informative on his post as possible. We know as a rule the Hummer will probably never get below mid 13's (the weight is just to much to over come and expect a modified 65E tranny to last) would need 650 engine HP to do that as it is.

Jimbob
Old 05-07-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I just don't understand how there are people making more power on the 42 lb marine injectors....More mods, etc. I have seen a LQ4 run 10 psi and be too rich on the stock Radix injectors. I am thinking there is a hidden Gremlin in that H2 that the bigger injectors are hiding. Just a side note, the stock FPR on the 03 and younger trucks is not boost sensitive.
I don't know but there appears to be something going on between the 2003 and earlier vs the 2004's. Zippy has seen some issues, too. Big Tex has posted some info as well that suggests a difference. My only concern is getting my truck to run right and if along the way my notes help someone else who sees the same things occuring then great.

As I've said before, the 42's will take a lot of people a long way. They didn't take me that far and odds are someone else will have an issue eventually. Most people don't go out and void drivetrain warranties on brand new vehicles. They drive them for a while and then decide to give it some mods. Or they don't necessarily do their own work or tuning and have no idea there could be an issue.

Also, there are some tuning things that seemed odd to me comparing the stock H2 injector constant vs the magnacharger tune. Stock has a scaled injector constant and the magna tune doesn't. Maybe the H2 tune is completely different from other trucks. I don't know because I don't have any other tunes to look at for H2's. My tune is derived directly from the tune given by Magnacharger. You could probably find out easier than I could if there was a change between the way the fueling tuning is done on stock 2003 and 2004's. Then we would have something to explain what is happening.

If there is a special trick to getting more out of the 42's no one is talking. Hell, the only reason I bought the voltage booster was to stick with what I was assured would work. That was nearly half the price of the injectors. It would have been nice to know if there was someone who knew the answer all along.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
thats certainly a quality piece.

you could post up the tables you modified to help future 60lb endeavors
Not gonna happen. All I can say is what I've said. Working those tables will put a person on the right track. My truck is one of a kind and I highly doubt it would really be helpful. In all actuality, someone would likely rely too much on it and it would make it harder for them.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:21 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by CHarris
Not gonna happen. All I can say is what I've said. Working those tables will put a person on the right track. My truck is one of a kind and I highly doubt it would really be helpful. In all actuality, someone would likely rely too much on it and it would make it harder for them.
did you use HPTuners?
Old 05-07-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
did you use HPTuners?
Sure did. And I highly recommend it to anyone along with a wideband of their choice to verify their own tunes.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:59 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by CHarris
Sure did. And I highly recommend it to anyone along with a wideband of their choice to verify their own tunes.
hey! good on ya! me too! both HPTuners and the Dynojet Wideband

why don't you email me your bin file? I'd love to look it over, just curious more than anything.

if your ok with it I'll PM you my addy
Old 05-08-2005, 03:37 PM
what a rush!

hello? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quick Reply: 60 lb injector swap on Radix 2004