Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

703 RWHP 4x4 6.0L

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't ya'll try stock GM gaskets or FelPro 1099 gaskets. I've heard some good things about the FelPro, and the GM gaskets seem to be prety well proven.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

The o-ring with the copper gasket is a good way to go, but is the o-ring on the block or the heads? That makes a difference.

I would say put a gauge on the boost. I say this because our D1SC with a 6.0 built motor, very similar cam, made almost 700 at the tires maxing out the maf too. Our next step is to switch out to the F1 charger. But right now we are at 13 psi, so I would like to see what boost you are making.

Rick
Old 12-21-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Nevermind about switchig gaskets ... I don't think you can use those with o-ringed parts.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
Your probably looking at a different truck. That one has 116 in a cell for his nitrous. On that truck we put a nossle's 175 shot on it with cam and long tubes. As well as a 4L80E tranny. On a stock 5.3.
Yeah youre right I was... My mistake...
Are you using head bolts right now?
Is this truck still at your shop?
Stock fuel rails?
Stock truck manifold & Throttle body?

Did you get your dyno?
Hows the T/A project going?
Old 12-21-2004, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh one more question?
Keyed the crankshaft? I know that people do that for a timing reference on the front pulley or is there a different reason? or is that what you mean by keyed the crankshaft?

I am guessing your tune is done with your LS1 edit is that right?
Old 12-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We had commetic on it and switched over. The block is O-Ringed with counter grooves in the heads. The truck is about 2 1/2 hrs. away from me other wise i would. The crankshaft is keyed due to the fact that if we didn't it would spin the pully on the crankshaft. We use 3 different editing programs. LS1 Edit, HP Tunners, and ocasionally HEX edit. Stock fuel rails are being used. We brazed AN fittings on to each of the pipes comming out of each rail. The stock truck rails are twice the size of the LS1 Cars so an upgrade is not needed. We weld up the return line on the rail and braze a AN fitting on to a return pipe and then just pluged it into the return hose. Stock manifold and ported TB. T/A's on hold for now. We have a coupple of other projects going right now.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Speed Engineering]We had commetic on it and switched over.
The new style?

The block is O-Ringed with counter grooves in the heads. The truck is about 2 1/2 hrs. away from me other wise i would.
Head studs?

The crankshaft is keyed due to the fact that if we didn't it would spin the pully on the crankshaft.
OHHHHHHHH forgot BLOWER DUHHHH!!! OOPS my stupidity!

We use 3 different editing programs. LS1 Edit, HP Tunners, and ocasionally HEX edit.
Are you guys doing much with HP TUners now?

Stock fuel rails are being used. We brazed AN fittings on to each of the pipes comming out of each rail. The stock truck rails are twice the size of the LS1 Cars so an upgrade is not needed.
Sweet Good Idea!

We weld up the return line on the rail and braze a AN fitting on to a return pipe and then just pluged it into the return hose.
Cool

Stock manifold and ported TB.
Have you looked at a SSR LS2 Manifold yet? Let me know if you want to see one? I have one you can check out!
Also I have a set of stock truck rails and 6.0 intake if you want them!

T/A's on hold for now.
Dude thats going to be a bad mamba jamba and awsome advertisement! Need to get that bad boy back on the agenda!

We have a coupple of other projects going right now.
Nice to see you are going at it hard!!! Thats some damn good #'s on this truck!!!
Is there going to be a Resurrection of old blue?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor

-Commetic (Not the brand new style. The ones about a 3-4 months back.)

-ARP 12pt. Head Studs

-Just getting into the HP Tunner very impressed on the extra tables that edit didnt carry. Still nothing can beat HEX it shows everything. Something like 2-3 thousand tables.

-No, we havent used the SSR manifold. Very interested in getting into different manifolds though.

-And maybe we shall see. Project blue might get her self a new restoration.

Sean
Old 12-21-2004, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

OK, from what i read in your earlier posts Sean, you guys had the SMALLER pully on to make LESS boost, and also have the LARGER pully to make MORE boost?

I think you guys had a brian fart on this one. The smaller pully will spin the SC faster and make more boost. So you could have been pushing as much as 19psi.

Either way that is a bad *** job you guys did building that beast up, and the dyno is AWSOME!!!!!!!!

So there werent any data logs done while tuning it to see the boost pressure? If there were data logs they would show manifold pressure. Right? (i dont have HPtuners yet so i dont know for sure.)
Old 12-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor

We do have smaller pullies. The first one we put on was considered a 12lb. pully on the P1SC. We couldnt keep the cylinder pressure from going through the roof. So we backed it down to the 8lb (Larger). pully size for a P1SC. Never looked at the boost levels. We were having enough probablem keeping fuel and timming in it. It still doesnt have a very good tune in it right now. I wanted to give it back to him with as few of passes as possible. We have gone through a ton nick nack problems with fuel etc., Causing us to put more passes on it then we would of liked to.

Quick Reply: 703 RWHP 4x4 6.0L