Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

800hp Brand New Silverados (Gauging interest)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 05:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800hp Brand New Silverados (Gauging interest)

Still working out the details, but I just wanted to see the interest level for a brand new 800hp Supercharged Big Block Silverado. ALL STREET LEGAL!! (Even in Cali ) Obviously this thing would kill the 05 Ford Lightning and the Dodge SRT-10! These things may be available within a couple weeks! Obviously there would be some apperance upgrades as well to the performance, and probably only 100 or so made per year! Pricing could be as low as $42- 45,000! Don't want to give out too many details, just getting a feel for what people would think. So, let me know! Thanks!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That would be ******* sweet the 05 lightning with 550hp and the SRT10 ram with the big v10 in it make our poor lil silverado ss look like it's a vagina... but an 800hp 'sport' truck? GOOD GOD that would be scary but doesn't seem ideal.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Must be false, the Diesel heads over at dieselplace.com, think 600hp out of a gasser is unstreetable. and of course thier always right!!

Excatly what are we talking here, new from dealership?, Specs would be helpfull what driveline parts, is it an 8100 vortec based engine, what chassis?, Details man details we need details, before we can assess true interest. Then you need to deliever.

If I could sercue a loan I would first in line.

This would be more than ideal, its just what the doctor ordered.
Old 09-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Launching!

Well, that's the thing. I don't have a lot of details as of right now. I'm going to be talking to a lot of people at GM and a local dealership today. I'll know most of the major stuff by tonight.

A buddy of mine who owns a place that has been restoring mostly early model camaros and I were talking about this, we figured we'd talk to some chevy people and see exactly what we could do. But like I said, I just wanted an idea of how people would respond to it.

Also, we're going to see what we can do about warranties and the such, since we'll be using all GM Perf. parts... and a blower

Haven't decided yet whether we want to go through a dealership or not, would probably work out the best if we made a "dealership edition" so they could warranty it.

I'll post back later on tonight and let everyone know what's up.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like an awsome plan,but can you do away with the extended cabs, quad cabs, etc....... They were upset b/c the SS didn't sell but they don't realize it's not a real SS. It's a luxury box with a 6.0 and all wheel drive all the time. Parish is the smartest of all of us, pop that thing in 4wd and wax everyone especially on the street. If it's done right and performs up to step, I think they would sell like toilet paper(every one would need one)
Old 09-29-2004, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Default Highly Unlikely

I would have to say that this idea is highly unlikely from the dealer. The '05 C6 Vettes only have 400 hp from the dealer and sell for about $45k. Chevy won't be selling an 800 hp Silverado for less than or about the same price as a new Corvette. If this were an aftermarket idea made well I would absolutely be interested, but I wouldn't count on this much power in a Silverado factory built.

*2002 Black RCSB 4.8L, Procharger P1SC@8lbs. w/3-core, BBK 80mm TB, ASM Headers, 2.5" straight pipes w/2 40 series flows, Westers tune, e-fans, built 4L60E, Yank tt converter, Eaton, 4.10 gears, $12K in appearance/stereo junk*
Old 09-29-2004, 08:03 AM
MOOBIES Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking 1/2 ton? RCSB? 2 or 4wd?
Old 09-29-2004, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Woody99
Well, that's the thing. I don't have a lot of details as of right now. I'm going to be talking to a lot of people at GM and a local dealership today. I'll know most of the major stuff by tonight.

A buddy of mine who owns a place that has been restoring mostly early model camaros and I were talking about this, we figured we'd talk to some chevy people and see exactly what we could do. But like I said, I just wanted an idea of how people would respond to it.

Also, we're going to see what we can do about warranties and the such, since we'll be using all GM Perf. parts... and a blower

Haven't decided yet whether we want to go through a dealership or not, would probably work out the best if we made a "dealership edition" so they could warranty it.

I'll post back later on tonight and let everyone know what's up.
Then all this is just an IDEA! Like the colorado truck concept. You're making this seem like next month somthing is coming out from GM.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Oh no, sorry about the confusion guys. I just wanted to see what the interest level would be on a truck like this.

Yes it still is in the planning stages.

Probably be a regular cab/short bed/2WD

No it won't be factory built. However, we're planning (so far) on using a GM big block crate engine, as well as aftermarket boltons and a blower.

I highly doubt it will be sold from any dealership, more like an aftermarket lightning/SRT-10 killer.

It's obviously not in production yet, but we may be able to get the... "prototype" one built within a couple weeks.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Oh no, sorry about the confusion guys. I just wanted to see what the interest level would be on a truck like this.

Yes it still is in the planning stages.

Probably be a regular cab/short bed/2WD

No it won't be factory built. However, we're planning (so far) on using a GM big block crate engine, as well as aftermarket boltons and a blower.

I highly doubt it will be sold from any dealership, more like an aftermarket lightning/SRT-10 killer.

It's obviously not in production yet, but we may be able to get the... "prototype" one built within a couple weeks.

Again, sorry about all the confusion. Hope this'll clear things up a bit.

Quick Reply: 800hp Brand New Silverados (Gauging interest)