Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

800hp Brand New Silverados (Gauging interest)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lot of naysayers here. I think need to find a different forum.

We need more details, and then they need to deliever on what they said.

Or I could be like everybody else, NO NOpe Can't be.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Well then prove us wrong and do it.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 8100hammer
Lot of naysayers here. I think need to find a different forum.

We need more details, and then they need to deliever on what they said.

Or I could be like everybody else, NO NOpe Can't be.
You're missing the point here. GM never said anything about this. This is a guy that is hoping to bring the idea to a dealership and other associated officals and get set up to create an 800HP truck for less than $50k... If that doesn't sound far fetched to you then gimmie some of what you're smoking. LOL

Not that it can't be done, it's just very far fetched and not lucrative at all IMO unless he is getting them at invoice for base model trucks and doing most of the work in house. We wont even go into the warranty/smog issue.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gm certainly won't do this and more than likely it would be just a conversion. to make 800hp from an 8100 and package it in a truck, that price will be around 65,000. if you did it in a rcsb 2wd, you'd have to replace the 4L60E and 8.6 rear diff which would make for brake testing, etc. even if you started with an hd, the 800hp flywheel would come down to 560 at the wheels with an allison and 11.5 inch rear. the diesels have proven that the allison won't take that stock. more money yet. who would want a 9200gvw performance truck that doesn't handle and is way too heavy to do anything but drag race. an 8.1 built with alot of adaptation and a 4L85E (also built) plus the cost of the most base model truck would run you around 40k in parts alone installed, plus the extra parts like exhaust, wheels, tires, etc. that doesn't even include labor. when i see it i'll believe it. aside from emissions, the price is about 20 grand from being what it could really be done for with an 8100. need some more info to back this.....
Old 09-29-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
gm certainly won't do this and more than likely it would be just a conversion. to make 800hp from an 8100 and package it in a truck, that price will be around 65,000. if you did it in a rcsb 2wd, you'd have to replace the 4L60E and 8.6 rear diff which would make for brake testing, etc. even if you started with an hd, the 800hp flywheel would come down to 560 at the wheels with an allison and 11.5 inch rear. the diesels have proven that the allison won't take that stock. more money yet. who would want a 9200gvw performance truck that doesn't handle and is way too heavy to do anything but drag race. an 8.1 built with alot of adaptation and a 4L85E (also built) plus the cost of the most base model truck would run you around 40k in parts alone installed, plus the extra parts like exhaust, wheels, tires, etc. that doesn't even include labor. when i see it i'll believe it. aside from emissions, the price is about 20 grand from being what it could really be done for with an 8100. need some more info to back this.....

I'm actually wondering if we have a troll on our hands.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

I think I would be happy with just a 450 HP or so 8.1L in a 1500 truck!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its passable but not likely you be better off to start with a 572 crate engine. To build an 8.1 to hold that kid of power it cost near the some. A stock 8.1 will not hold this kind of power. I got mine to lay down 504whp but a ring land gave out. I've found only two company making parts for this engine ASM & Raylar engine.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Judging from everyone's views though, and despite the skepticism, I think if there was a 600+hp Chevy pick-up that cost around $40K, you would have A LOT of interest.

There's your answer, now build and deliver!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:09 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Naked AV

I'm actually wondering if we have a troll on our hands.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Vanilla Gorilla, Thank you. And honestly thank you to everyone else that did reply.

Like I said before, this is all still getting planned, so am I saying this thing's going to have 800rwhp and I have a dyno sheet to prove it? No. Do I already know every part we're going to replace and change on this thing, and already start ordering truckloads? No.

We started with the idea that Chevy has nothing to compete with the SRT-10 or the Lightning, and this could be the answer all those Chevy guys out there are looking for.

All I wanted to know is what kind of interest there would be. And like I've read all over this forum "build it and they will come" So thank you, my question is answered.

As far as all the "Naysayers" I appreciate the concerns about making this thing work. I'm almost positive we're going to have to change different parts of our plan many many many many times to make this thing work, but that is what we are planning on doing.

Thank you all again for all the feedback.

Quick Reply: 800hp Brand New Silverados (Gauging interest)