Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

80k to many miles for transgo kit???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the B&M Supercooler pn#70264. I got it from summit shipped for like $54.00 or sonehting like that! It has everyhting you need for the install and Allen recommended it from experiece!
Old 06-27-2004, 04:05 PM
TECH Veteran

I thought I posted here but I guess not...

Sammy - I don't see it causing any harm, all it does is prevent future problems by fixing GMs shortcomings in the unit. The .500" boost valve raises internal pressure...which is what you want. You drill lots of holes larger in the seperator plate to increase fluid flow...also good. Heavier spring for the fwd accumulator, heavier 1-2 accumulator spring, etc. Just keep the shifts quick and firm not neck snapping.

rileyc8 - Each washer prevents that 1-2 accumulator from softening the 1-2 upshift (makes just the 1-2 firmer). I went with a billet servo for the intermediate and a billet one for OD. I have no washers with my billets nor would I use them for the kit anyway. My shifts are firm at low throttle and very firm at WOT with the billets combined with the TransGo.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
I thought I posted here but I guess not...

Sammy - I don't see it causing any harm, all it does is prevent future problems by fixing GMs shortcomings in the unit. The .500" boost valve raises internal pressure...which is what you want. You drill lots of holes larger in the seperator plate to increase fluid flow...also good. Heavier spring for the fwd accumulator, heavier 1-2 accumulator spring, etc. Just keep the shifts quick and firm not neck snapping.

rileyc8 - Each washer prevents that 1-2 accumulator from softening the 1-2 upshift (makes just the 1-2 firmer). I went with a billet servo for the intermediate and a billet one for OD. I have no washers with my billets nor would I use them for the kit anyway. My shifts are firm at low throttle and very firm at WOT with the billets combined with the TransGo.
When you install the billet servos, do you skip the transgo step of putting shims on the stock servos, or are these the washers you're referring to? There is another step with the option of 1 to 3 washers.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by yeary01z71
When you install the billet servos, do you skip the transgo step of putting shims on the stock servos, or are these the washers you're referring to? There is another step with the option of 1 to 3 washers.

The shims are the washers and they only effect the 1-2 shift. You do not need them at all with the billet intermediate servo. I could see maybe one or two for the 'Vette servo.

The billets firm up the shifts a lot!
Old 06-27-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Where do you get these billet servos? their are 2 of them? where do they go? Do you have to drop the pan? Sorry for the questions, but trannys are not my speciality.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vortec327
Where do you get these billet servos? their are 2 of them? where do they go? Do you have to drop the pan? Sorry for the questions, but trannys are not my speciality.
http://www.kdsperformance.com/supser700r44.html
http://www.kdsperformance.com/ovsupser704l.html

Don't have to drop the tranny or pan. I plan on doing this install this weekend. There is a round bore on the passenger's side of the tranny where the servos are located.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by yeary01z71
http://www.kdsperformance.com/supser700r44.html
http://www.kdsperformance.com/ovsupser704l.html

Don't have to drop the tranny or pan. I plan on doing this install this weekend. There is a round bore on the passenger's side of the tranny where the servos are located.
Ok i have seen that before. Do both go in the same hole? or are they seperate holes they go in? Will fluid drain out? If so it would be a good time to change.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Ok i have seen that before. Do both go in the same hole? or are they seperate holes they go in? Will fluid drain out? If so it would be a good time to change.
They go in the same hole. I've heard you lose a quart of fluid or so.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Thumbs up

KDS performance, ebay, etc.

Yes there are two. Intermediate and OD.

Pass side of the case

No, pan stays up...I'd drop it to change that filter anyway and to double check band clearance. ~1/16" to 1/4"...some like it tighter for quicker apply and others wider for less drag. But with the lower milage the stock band should be fine with the stock length pin.