Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

95lb injectors run better than the 57's!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 07:43 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stock injectos are high impeadance, impeadance prety much means resistance so they are high resistance. being high in resistance(electrical), means they wont flow a lot of current. low current is requires smaller drivers and stuff.

once you get to a point the internal parts of an injector are just to big and heavy to control with limited current so they switch over to low impeadance(resistance). low impeadance is also known as peak and hold injectors. the highs draw around 1 amp to run and these lows use around 6 amps to run. the lows(peak and hold) also require some special electronics to control them because you have to limit the current after the initial blast to get them open. this is where the peak and hold comes in. my pcm sends out a 1ms blast at full current(peak) to slam the injector open fast, and then cuts the current back to 1-2amps just to hold it open.

i was up around 90% often with the 57's and have seen 95% a few times.

most injectors are rated at 3 bar, thats about 44psi of fuel presure. our fuel system runs at 4bar, thats about 58psi. these 95's are rated at 95lbs(at 3bar), to get the actual flow you have to account for the extra fuel presure we run. at 4bar these injectors are more like 108lb/hr. they should be good for about 1300fwhp at this fuel presure.

i went with a dry shot because the megasquirt has some killer nitrous controls built into it. it basicaly has a built in window switch, wide open throttle switch, boost switch, min coolant temp switch, max duty cycle switch. it will add fuel in any proportion you tell it too so there is really no need for a wet shot.