Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

ABS warning light??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS warning light??

Ok yesterday after 43,000 miles the brakes on my HD 2500 started to sqeal. So while I was coming home from the Chevrolet dealer with my new brake pads my ABS warning light came on. Is this normal when you need a brake job or is there something else I should be checking ??
Old 04-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fullback40
Ok yesterday after 43,000 miles the brakes on my HD 2500 started to sqeal. So while I was coming home from the Chevrolet dealer with my new brake pads my ABS warning light came on. Is this normal when you need a brake job or is there something else I should be checking ??

I did a search and no good info came up anybody else have this happen to them ??
Old 04-06-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Something's not right, I'd take it back over there if they did the work it should be under warranty.

Fluid could be low, a sensor smashed/broken, etc.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fullback40
I had my ABS warning light come and it was the ABS sensor in the right front wheel. I took it to the dealer and they fixed for me, under warranty. They only did it under warranty since they scratched my truck previously. I have a lifted truck and I drive off road sometimes. I hear this is common to people like me. I have bee watchint it more carefully now. Just look under your wheel weel, mine had come unattached from the suspension and was rubbing on the inside of my wheel.
Old 04-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lastSS
I had my ABS warning light come and it was the ABS sensor in the right front wheel. I took it to the dealer and they fixed for me, under warranty. They only did it under warranty since they scratched my truck previously. I have a lifted truck and I drive off road sometimes. I hear this is common to people like me. I have bee watchint it more carefully now. Just look under your wheel weel, mine had come unattached from the suspension and was rubbing on the inside of my wheel.
Found out it wasnt my brakes at all it was my hub. The bearings were wore out and the wheel was rubbing against my calibers and melted the ABS sensor. I replaced the hub which came with a new sensor and all is well my brakes were fine.