Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

All this talk about intakes.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:15 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
I think the FAST would have a much better chance of out flowing the truck intake. I think the LS6 would too.
So, would it be a go idea to put the FAST intake on there, or would it hurt it? Also, how hard would that be to do? Thanks man.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

If you do any kind of tinkering, you should fill the back of the bottom tube. All that air in the back end is just going to be stagnant like the silencer in the stock air filter tube. Perhaps try filling it with epoxy or something, that might bring some decent results in.

EDIT:

Like this, I guess just stand it up on the back and poor in the epoxy till it fills up to the ridge.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:29 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tex, it looks like you are offering this intake up for sale....Might be a good idea to place it on ebay as high flowing intake!
Old 04-20-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big Tex is developing "open port"LS1 intake,definately loks like a hot item for ebay.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Damn, yeah glue a peice of plexi on the top and I'm sure somebody will buy it!
Old 04-21-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by bootleg
If you do any kind of tinkering, you should fill the back of the bottom tube. All that air in the back end is just going to be stagnant like the silencer in the stock air filter tube. Perhaps try filling it with epoxy or something, that might bring some decent results in.
I was thinking that exact same thing!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:21 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should have mentioned it earlier. Take a look at that top pic. When you look into the flow hole from the top, you'll see a small round hole. That area is a wall between the back end of the air chamber and the spot where air is flowing up; basically the same spot you said to fill the epoxy with. It is a concave wall so air will flow smoothly up it.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigTex
I should have mentioned it earlier. Take a look at that top pic. When you look into the flow hole from the top, you'll see a small round hole. That area is a wall between the back end of the air chamber and the spot where air is flowing up; basically the same spot you said to fill the epoxy with. It is a concave wall so air will flow smoothly up it.

are you running a truck intake? is there an adapter for the injectors if you switch to a ls1/ls6 intake from the truck one.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

I wonder how nitrous and fuel flow through that thing....which runners would get more or less

You'd think the middle runners would get more air but then you think about all that air being 'rammed up' by that convex part and forced against the top in there and maybe the air gets forced to the outer runners more so than the middle. But then again all of them are sucking the air so I dont know..... just thinking out loud
Old 04-21-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Regular

I still think it would benefit a little more epoxy in there. Just to make sure no air is stuck there. Worth a shot anyway. I wish there was a way to get in there without cutting it up. I would greatly like to take that rolled ege on the intake hole and smooth it down.

Quick Reply: All this talk about intakes.....