Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Am I friggin retarded?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm with Hoe. I sell a lot of parts on Ebay as well as purchase a few every now and then. The feedback would scare me off considering the price tag. One thing I can tell you from my Ebaying experience is that the feedback is soooo important. When I started out, people asked me a lot of questions on my items. Now that I have a great record, they hardly ever do. I also get more money for my items over other auctions that are for the same type of item because of my feedback. Good luck with your sale!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
****, 8,400 is pretty close bro.......................

and how the hell are ya? don't tell me your putting a Radix in that truck of yours?
Yeah I know $8400 is pretty close, but I guess I was hoping it would sell for a lot more than the reserve..

I am doing good... Just trying to help out my brothers family and keep things going..
Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DozerDan
believe it or not all them nitrous lines scare even the most performance minded people...I had a DVX400 sport 4wheeler with a nitrous kit on it and tried to sell it for 2months...Everyone that came by the shop said they were scared of the nitrous...took it off and sold in two days...Just food for thought
Yeah I know what you mean... To be honest I have never even used the nitrous on it.. At 15lbs of boost I have managed to go through 2 trannys on the dyno to the tune of $5,000 plus.. Not quite sure why they wont seem to hold up on the dyno.. Parish obviously didnt have a problem.. Guess I need to bone up to a different one.. I guess the big problem is I am burnt out on it. And have moved on..

Thanks for the tips..

I have actually recieved offers on the Intake/nitrous set up and on the turbo stuff..

I guess I could part it all out and prolly get more for it, just a PIA..

Not sure what the long block would sell for or I guess I could seperate the heads.. Not sure what a set of CNC'd AFR 225's with 930 springs are worth used.. Or the short block..

Big stuff 3 with the wiring is prolly going for somewhere in the $2500 range new..

The comp cams 1.75 rockers and push rods?

Nasty performance polished sheet metal valve covers?

Bell air/water intercooler?

Weldon oil pump?

Boost referenced fuel pressure regulators?

Fuel Pumps?

hmmm I guess maybe I should think about it...

Ok now my wheels are spinnin...
Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get someone else to list it for you, the 3 on the feed back is what's hurting you. If I had never seen your truck before on this site, I'd think that you're some troll that copied some pics, from someone else's project.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Default Holy ^%&^$&$#

I saw this posting on ebay and had no idea it was setup for a truck!!!
Where are the turbos? (STS?)
I am looking for upgrades to my '05 but holy **** man!!
Any dyno numbers?
Old 01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think there are probably very few people with the wherewithal to set up/tune something like that. Not that we wouldn't want to, but the time commitment alone is not something that alot of people, even if they had the $ could reasonably pull off.

It's a great looking set up, and like you said, the hard parts alone are worth a bundle. I'd bet that if you found someone to list it for you , it would sell in a heartbeat to someone with the time to part it out at a profit.

Good luck to you, shame to see that setup go. I remember seeing it and wondering how it would do when everyting was sorted out.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Banned

Well I was lucky enough to buy the whole thing complete......I have the turbo kit for sale if anyone is interested...
Old 02-26-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Instead of having the reserve, why not just start at $9k? I mean, the reserve is 9k and the starting price is too right? having it say that there is a reserve makes it seem like its listed for even higher than that.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Blown02Sierra: I actually purchased it from him off ebay for the 9k...so its done/sold etc.. Hard to pass up 30k+ worth of parts in new condition for less than 1/3rd the price.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

that motor really costs 30,000!!

i was thinking when i graduate college and get a good job i was guna spend about 3 years building up a 408 and put nothing but the best of the best parts into it then drop it into an 84 oldsmobille hurst, but if it costs that much ill just stick with a 442 lol.

Quick Reply: Am I friggin retarded?