Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Amy's Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Amy's Truck

Thanks IM!
Old 08-05-2003, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey there. Your dad came over and talked to me for a bit and I ran you one night in the brackets over in Evadale (I have the silver 02 Z28 and usually there on Friday nights).

Trust me to everyone who has not seen this truck in person or have seen it run... it really hauls! Very cool truck. Very fast truck. Heads up, it will blow my doors off... but I am working on getting the little Z faster... Have to just to be able to keep up with a truck. LOL

Take care and Good Luck. See yall at the races.
---Sebastian Lopez Jr.
www.LopezRacing.com
Old 08-05-2003, 06:03 PM

Nice setup Amy... What does it typically run?

You guys usually run on a 28? slick?
Old 08-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Sabastian...You have a really great looking car...I used to have one just like yours before getting my truck and its my favor color on the Camaros...My Dad says there is no end to the modifications you can do to your car and keep it streetable...He told me to tell ya if you ever need anything to give him a call...Oh, by the way my Z28 I had is the same car that Eastside Performance on the east coast has now...When I had it it rans in the 11's...
Old 08-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Prostock John...Thanks...At this time of year with the heat and humidity down here I usually run from mid 30's to low 40's...Cant wait for the fall weather to get here...Plus my Dad is recouperating from back surgery so we are grounded for now...Yes we run 28in.tall E.T. streets...Hey my Dad has a couple sets for sale if you know anybody needing any...They are 12.50X28X16,M.T.E.T. streets...11.50X28X16 Hoosiers,Quick Time Pros...Both sets have only been to the track once, 4 or 5 passes each...$200 per set...Thanks!
Old 08-05-2003, 06:26 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey BlownCevy...I talked to my Dad and he said this...
For drag racing purposes, spindles would be one of your best options for lowering. They allow you to take advantage of the long, lightly wound stock spring. Also the stock length shock for more front end travel.
Thanks for the tip, I am going to change over before the next trip to the track! I will keep you posted with results.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice truck Amy. Do you know the part number for the QA1 shocks? front and rear. I've been wanting an adjustable shock. I didnt know they made one that would fit the NBS trucks.
Thanks,
Randy
Old 08-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Amy - Congratulations to you and your dad for building a sweet running truck. Without the cowl hood it would be a total sleeper.

Old 08-05-2003, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

man seeing your truck and hearing of all the mods makes me want my truck out of the paint shop and to the dyno tune shop to tear some ***! Nice set up and I must agree that the cal-tracs help a whole lot. WIth e.t. streets and the cal tracs i think i bested an 1.8 60 foot. before on street tires it was around 2.3-2.4 range.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Hey ranwalk...

Talked to my Dad and here are the numbers for ya...

front shocks- TC1538P

rear shocks- TC39P

You will also need the T-Bar conversion kit and bushing kit for the front shocks...
They are # LWR300 and 9032-102- two of each.
You need these because these front shocks are actually for the new model Ford Lightning(yuck.
Same length as your stock shock...
The rear are actually Mopar shocks...But hey...It works!!
You will have to use 1/2 in. grade 8 bolts instead of the 14 mm for the rear...If you have any problems contact Dave at QA1 1-800-721-7761...A tip for ya...You can buy the shocks a lot cheaper at Jegs or Summit Racing...You may have to get the kits at QA1 but the are not that expensive...Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: Amy's Truck