Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another Single Turbo pic

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 03:23 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on my last truck, a 1500ecsb, i had a 6.0, whipple and nitrous, i got up to 9psi and a 100shot. the stock 6.0 never broke and the autotrack never broke. i went thru several trannys though. worry abou the 4l60, not the autotrack.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:39 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sales@cmotorsports.com

ask for either seth or sam....
Old 01-05-2004, 04:23 PM
single digit dreamer

hmmm, just tried to call seth to ask a few questions and i got a message. "they will be closed till tuesday, january 30th while they move to their new location"

WTF is that all about?
Old 01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

We are here, the phones are just all screwy. We moved over the holidays and the power/phones are driving us nuts. Jim, if you need to talk to Seth PM me and I'll give you his cell phone #.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:11 PM
single digit dreamer

whew! thanks for the reply, me and another Jim have a couple of bucks out there and it kind of spooked me a little especialy with some of the horror stories you hear about other turbo kit companys.

i just had a few questions that aren't too important, will your phones be up soon? i also emailed seth a diferent flash file for him to tune on. i dont want him to use either of the other flash files i sent him.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 03Screamer
This kit wouldn't be legal in California for sure, unless the company spends a lot of money to get it CARB certified. Here in California you will fail even if your intake isn't CARB certified in some cases. I forgot if they look for numbers before testing on the rollers here in Cali. Either way, if you don't have legalized CARB numbers you won't pass, even if you pass the emmission output requirements. Parts that aren't listed as CARB legal, equals failing the test and a pretty good fine, unless you go to one of the try until you pass places. Thats the one shitty thing about living in this state, although you can register your vehicle in some CA county's and never have to be smogged here.

Last year when I went in for smog, they told me my Executive Order # (CARB certification # for aftermarket parts) was wrong on my JBA's, it was the EO # for L31 motor JBA's. So they make me take my truck to the local "CARB/DMV certified referee." And w/my current setup, I'm sweating it a little. I get in and this "referee" is like "what's that," pointing at my Whipple. "What do you think, a belt driven intake flow inhibitor." Anyway, the whole thing is very formal, and he won't even let me be around the shop while testing.

MORAL: He tells me that the Whipple helps me burn hotter and cleaner, and if you want to do anything to your car, all you have to do to get it to be CARB legal, is to take it to a referee and have it tested if it passes the sniffer, you're cool. But the aftermarket industry likes to have EO #'s so they can advertise that their part won't put you out of compliance, naturally.

Cali guys, my test was at Bakersfield JuCo.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

parish, you suck! PLEASE keep us up to speed on the kit! that is an outstanding deal regardless!
Old 01-06-2004, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jdpanero
Last year when I went in for smog, they told me my Executive Order # (CARB certification # for aftermarket parts) was wrong on my JBA's, it was the EO # for L31 motor JBA's. So they make me take my truck to the local "CARB/DMV certified referee." And w/my current setup, I'm sweating it a little. I get in and this "referee" is like "what's that," pointing at my Whipple. "What do you think, a belt driven intake flow inhibitor." Anyway, the whole thing is very formal, and he won't even let me be around the shop while testing.

MORAL: He tells me that the Whipple helps me burn hotter and cleaner, and if you want to do anything to your car, all you have to do to get it to be CARB legal, is to take it to a referee and have it tested if it passes the sniffer, you're cool. But the aftermarket industry likes to have EO #'s so they can advertise that their part won't put you out of compliance, naturally.

Cali guys, my test was at Bakersfield JuCo.
Cool deal
Old 01-12-2004, 04:23 PM
single digit dreamer

got an update from Seth, he actualy called me!! , said he would have a batch of headers in a few days but was looking at the set up and thought they could make it better, since none of us has seen the existing header it is hard to comment. he said since me and the other Jim are planing on pushing it prety hard he could set us up with a better flowing header, something to do with the angle the cross over tube comes into the header. also said if we go that route it will take about 3 more weeks. well i can't turn down anything that might make it run a little harder , i am waiting on a fuel system anyways.

now for the really cool news!!!!! he was telling me about his truck, he has a stock 5.3 with a t72 on it. so far he is up to 10psi on 91octane with no knock retard and 14deg of timing !! this is in vegas so i am guesing it isn't sub zero like it is here. his maf is reading 46x gm/sec i believe that is 60lb/min. they tune using the maf table so those numbers are not 100% acurate but he thinks they are real close to actual. he also said he can peal out from a 50mph roll

hurry up Seth, i am dieing here!!

Quick Reply: Another Single Turbo pic