Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another Single Turbo pic

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok....first thing is first.........you will have a 1 second pause for the turbo to start spooling unless you hold the break down. So yes you will have a 1 second or maybe up to 3 second lag with any kit...this is the nature of the turbo...not like a blower mash your foot thing.

in referrence to my turbo...its different, very very different setup.

this is what I will say....air to air intercooler....turbo....new injectors....tuning....fuel pump......extremely simple kit.....home garage install....would say about 4 hours to install....if you know what you doin with trucks.

should surprise many....we are not done yet....but sure enough soon.

the only other kit i would say to go with is kurt's at wheel to wheel. serious kit.

the sts turbo is cool but its the "powerdyne" turbo of the bunch....but it works!

wont post pics yet.

but will say, once all installed will get dyno sheets and hopefully a track video...to get an idea. sorry thats all i can say now.

One thing parish in reference to you waiting....doesnt look like the nicks and nacks are all worked out with CS....thats why they didnt want to send you the kit out....personally....i wouldnt take orders on anything until it is completed....only thing you can do is install by the kit builder....meaning they do a custom install for you....this is why someone like Kurt at wheel to wheel will only do custom installs IF HE EVEN DOES...untill everything is worked out and r & d is complete.

Thanx.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:11 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i realize there will be lag without brake stalling it. my question is how much lag if i do brake stall, sounds to me like i will be able to build boost before i launch and then once i mash it the boost will build very quickly.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

If I brake torque mine to 0 vacuum when its just about to build boost then mat it the tires will spin a little and leaves hard. When I brake torque to about 5 psi then mat it all 4 tires spin for about 10-15 feet. This may get better when its warmer out and the roads are cleaner.
Had a timing problem that just got fixed about 4 hours ago so it leaves hard now.
My kit will not be offered for sale untill its right. When I say its for sale in kit form it will ship that day. I am not a sponsor of this sight so I can't post that info here.
These engines eat boost like they were born for it. Had a Hemi come up next to me on freeway from a 80 roll on the way home, I think he thought his Hemi stalled!
Kurt
Originally Posted by parish8
i realize there will be lag without brake stalling it. my question is how much lag if i do brake stall, sounds to me like i will be able to build boost before i launch and then once i mash it the boost will build very quickly.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 427
Had a timing problem that just got fixed about 4 hours ago so it leaves hard now.
What was the culprit on the timing issue?

Originally Posted by 427
These engines eat boost like they were born for it. Had a Hemi come up next to me on freeway from a 80 roll on the way home, I think he thought his Hemi stalled!
Kurt
Nice Kill!!
Old 02-29-2004, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
What was the culprit on the timing issue?

Nice Kill!!
Had some help fixing timing. Will post when I understand the repair, i'm just so glad its fixed.
Kurt
Old 02-29-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Aggghhh the suspense is KILLING me!!!
Old 03-01-2004, 07:28 AM
Still moddin'

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad to hear things got sorted out Kurt. Good story about the Hemi truck
Old 03-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Mortgage Banker Mod

see a trend here, everything takes no time to do but has somehow taken 3 months i am at their mercy but if i had known it was going to be this long i would have looked into making my own set up a little harder and certainly wouldn't have given them any money till they were closer to being ready.
That sucks

Here's to hoping it will be awesome once it is on!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:48 PM
single digit dreamer

got an update

duel intank pump is on the way from racetronics, it has 2 gss340m pumps, i was able to run an 11.9 with my last truck and just one of those pumps so a twin set up with less weight and no belt should be good for some seriously low ET's

turbo kit is DONE!!!!, and at the coating shop. there is a chance i will have it by the end of the week but if not then next week for sure.

it is set up with a cutout in place of the cat and has an extra 02 bung in the downpipe for my wideband. the header design is suppose to be better than what he had in the original pic and the intercooler is exactly 1/3 larger than the pic.

having pleanty of fuel means i should be able to put in some good gas, crank the boost on up and see what breaks first

wont be long now
Old 03-15-2004, 06:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

having pleanty of fuel means i should be able to put in some good gas, crank the boost on up and see what breaks first

wont be long now

Quick Reply: Another Single Turbo pic