Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another Single Turbo pic

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
got an update

duel intank pump is on the way from racetronics, it has 2 gss340m pumps, i was able to run an 11.9 with my last truck and just one of those pumps so a twin set up with less weight and no belt should be good for some seriously low ET's

turbo kit is DONE!!!!, and at the coating shop. there is a chance i will have it by the end of the week but if not then next week for sure.

it is set up with a cutout in place of the cat and has an extra 02 bung in the downpipe for my wideband. the header design is suppose to be better than what he had in the original pic and the intercooler is exactly 1/3 larger than the pic.

having pleanty of fuel means i should be able to put in some good gas, crank the boost on up and see what breaks first

wont be long now
YES! That sound's like its gonna be a sweet setup!

Good thing about the intercooler, the one in the pic looked a little on the small side.

It should be fun testing the next weak link.

Just curious, is this truck a daily driver?
Old 03-15-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sweet! Cant wait to see some of your install pics, and some #s!!!

What do you think will go first? front or rear end? transfercase? Tranny? Block? etc....
Old 03-15-2004, 07:40 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the truck is a daily driver but i do have a backup.

i think the front will be the first to go, then if i push it maybe a piston but i am not going to go too nuts till i have money for a 409
Old 03-15-2004, 10:15 PM
single digit dreamer

there seems to be some intrest in a turbo set up for the trucks, look at the view count for this post!! 11K views, that is more than the fastest truck list.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parish8
turbo kit is DONE!!!!
[Mr. Burns voice = "eeexcellent"] [/Mr. Burns voice]
Lots of pics of install Jim, lots and lots and lots....hehehe
Old 03-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Launching!

How much modification do you think the kit would take for a truck with a 3 inch body lift? It appears that it should not be a problem accept for where the cooler sits in place of the stock filter location. What do you guys think? Parish KEEP US UPDATED!!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

The suspense of all this turbo talk is killing me, I can't wait to see some pics, dyno #'s anything.

Parish8 i feel for you, i have had similar experiences with stuff for my camaro
hang in there
Old 03-20-2004, 01:26 AM
single digit dreamer

update, my pump moduel is at the post office, i will pick it up tomorrow and post up some pic's. it is a duel walbro 340m set up.

seth told me the header is on the way(to me) i forgot to ask but i think that means the header, turbo, down pipe and exhaust. he also said i would have the rest of the kit by friday, just waiting on the coating for the top pipes.

i should be able to get that pump in there this week and be ready for the kit when it shows. i hope to be spoolin in about 7 days
Old 03-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Launching!

PICS PICS PICS!!!!!!! I know some of us will be closely following your progress as the turbo guinea pig. I think I am nearly as excited as you are!
Old 03-20-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 427
If I brake torque mine to 0 vacuum when its just about to build boost then mat it the tires will spin a little and leaves hard. When I brake torque to about 5 psi then mat it all 4 tires spin for about 10-15 feet. This may get better when its warmer out and the roads are cleaner.
Had a timing problem that just got fixed about 4 hours ago so it leaves hard now.
My kit will not be offered for sale untill its right. When I say its for sale in kit form it will ship that day. I am not a sponsor of this sight so I can't post that info here.
These engines eat boost like they were born for it. Had a Hemi come up next to me on freeway from a 80 roll on the way home, I think he thought his Hemi stalled!
Kurt

Tell you guys what. I want for a ride in 427's ss with his turbo kit on it and that thing really moves... it may just be worth the wait.

Quick Reply: Another Single Turbo pic