Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another Single Turbo pic

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a different throttlebody inlet setup for us that have electric fans?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright cmotorsports some more questions:

Do you rerout the heater lines to get them away from the turbo? (i noticed in the picture it looks like you do, just wanted to make sure)

Do you need to rerout any of the air conditioner stuff, or does it do oaky with the turbo next to it?

What is the outlet size of the turbo on the intake side?
(I guess this depends on the size turbo, but do you have numbers)

What is the inlet/outlet size of the intercooler?

Does the downpipe run on the inside of the frame rail or outboard the frame rail?

Is it possible to reclock the intake side of the turbo to make it exit in a different position?

This last one is kind of unrelated to the 'kit' and I don't know if you can do it, but how much would it be for just the exhaust manifold setup? i.e. crossover pipe to passenger side and the passener side exhaust manifold to the turbo flange?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:31 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by cmotorsports

The kits are 304 stainless. We have a race kit in development that uses a totally different header/wastegate design, but it's meant for nothing short of a max effort HP monster (800+). It uses 321.

Keep those questions coming

whoa!! i asked if there was a biger bader kit coming out yesterday and he basicaly said no, or more like you never know. but not yes we are working on one. i want a hp monster, can you give any more info on the monster kit, like turbo size, and down pipe size and header configuration?
Old 12-09-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

How much is the 950hp kit?
Who makes the turbo in it?
Nice looking kit!
Kurt
Old 12-09-2003, 04:42 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Originally Posted by parish8
whoa!!
One day after you order, before it even ships, your system is already outdated.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:12 PM
single digit dreamer

427, there isn't a 950hp kit, the turbo itslef can support something like 900+ flywheel hp but the rest of the kit probably can't. i see that 3" down pipe as a significant restriction even if it had a cut out on it just a couple of feet back but that is ok, after crunching the numbers i dont think i really need 1000hp just on turbo.

i just talked to seth, he said the max effort turbo project is not going to happen any time soon if ever. the only reason they would do one is if he decided to put one on his truck and then they might sell a couple of kits. he also said there is no diference in kits for 4wd or diferent wheel base kits.

i am going to go ahead and get their tuning, i didn't realize they changed that many parts especialy the part throttle stuff.

no headers yet
Old 12-09-2003, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a few questions for myself.
1.) What is the Boost limit and HP and TQ limit (approx) for.
A.) 4.8
B.) 5.3
C.) 6.0

Assuming all are stock engines.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:22 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by abbo7
Just a few questions for myself.
1.) What is the Boost limit and HP and TQ limit (approx) for.
A.) 4.8
B.) 5.3
C.) 6.0

Assuming all are stock engines.
i doubt they will be able to answer that question, maybe if you were a little more spacific. what kind of fuel are you willing to use? how safe do you want it? are you ever going to tow? do you live in a desert or on a mountain?

you will kill a stock tranny before you reach the limit of 92 octane pump gas with even the 4.8 i would think.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by parish8
i doubt they will be able to answer that question, maybe if you were a little more spacific. what kind of fuel are you willing to use? how safe do you want it? are you ever going to tow? do you live in a desert or on a mountain?

you will kill a stock tranny before you reach the limit of 92 octane pump gas with even the 4.8 i would think.

At sealevel in the SE, but with a stock 4l60e, and 93 octane for street use of course. It should be safe enough to run for an extended period of time 50,000 miles without anything major breaking, of course that depends on how you drive.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:36 PM
single digit dreamer

you will KILL that tranny with a 4.8 tuned to run on 93, just going from my experience you will be able to run 8-9psi on 93 with the intercooler. all the torque a turbo makes will kill the stock tranny FAST. there are a few guys whos trannys are lasting awhile but most die quickly.

i wouldn't buy this kit without planing on a built tranny.

Quick Reply: Another Single Turbo pic