Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another Single Turbo pic

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who has these kits for sale? i am looking for some good performance gains trhough a forced induction system, do the kits come with everything, and about the tuning, is it possible to mail them the pcm to be tuned or could they just send me tuned to my specs and me ship mine back as a core??? help me out
Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ryan - On the intake reclocking thing it should be NO problem. It should be just as easy as loosing up 6 clamp bolts and turning the compressor housing to face wherever you want. Thinking of using your current intercooler setup with that turbo?

I'm kinda thinking the downpipe runs on the outside of the frame rail because it's probably tight with the crossover pipe and all on the inside of the rail. I don't know for sure though but, have looked very closely at that area before.

Check out the pictures below to see how easy it is to spin the compressor housing around to any position. Notice it's position compared to the serial# tag. That took all of 10 seconds to loosen the clamps up.

Jim - I honestly don't know how you're going to make it for 5 weeks waiting for this kit.
Attached Thumbnails Another Single Turbo pic-clocked.jpg   Another Single Turbo pic-reclocked.jpg  
Old 12-09-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

XLR8,

I feel so kinky when you edit my posts. Stop it.

No, do it again
Old 12-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

How would gas mileage be with this setup?
Old 12-09-2003, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Jim - I honestly don't know how you're going to make it for 5 weeks waiting for this kit.
LOL be stong parish8

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Ryan - On the intake reclocking thing it should be NO problem. It should be just as easy as loosing up 6 clamp bolts and turning the compressor housing to face wherever you want. Thinking of using your current intercooler setup with that turbo?
Um... I have always liked turbos. And that kit would plumb perfectly to my intercooler. I could do that in half a day. I would just have to make a new setup to go from the intercooler to the intake manifold that incorporates the MAF. That might take me two days tops lol.

No seriously though I haven't even begun to test the Whipple limits. If it slips on a 14psi pulley and constatly throws belts then I might have to consider....I love turbo torque
I want to see that 500rwhp mark with the twin screw. I think I should be close with the new toys. time will tell...
Old 12-09-2003, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Oh ya thanks for showing me that reclocking idea with 'your'? turbo John...hmm what are you up to
Old 12-09-2003, 09:15 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by cmotorsports
3. The MAF tables are acutally hard limited in the PCM at 511.9gms/sec. The whole MAF table is rescaled in the PCM tuning, mainly because of the position of the MAF after a bend in the pipe. This tends to want to make the air hang to the outside under part throttle and throws off the LTFT's. After days of driving around with a wideband 02 plugged in and logging all stats based on the WB 02 vs. EFI Live/Autotap, the MAF table was rescaled. The truth be known, it was 460gms/sec we saw, not 490 , and that is WAY pushing it for stock pistons, even on 100 octane.Dave
was that a 5.3 or a 6.0? seems like seth said it was thru full exhaust too, is that right?

whats your view on compresion ratio, seems like most people recomend 9-1 or so but the factorys always seem to go lower, if i can pick any ratio and plan on pushing it prety hard what should i shoot for?

i see forged pistons and rod bolts and head studs and a turbo grind minimum in my future along with 9.0-1 or so compresion and a larger down pipe with a cut out. i hope to max out the 340m fuel pump around 600rwhp with 100octane. it is good to dream and plan, i can't wait to start.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Will this set up feed a 400+ cube motor or is it mainly for a stock size motor, ie. 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0?
Thanks
Brandon
Old 12-10-2003, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Yes, this setup will feed basically any LS1 based setup you've got, 400+ cubic inches not a problem. The only limitation you're going to run into with this setup is the fuel system and PCM requirements.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can see someone in the near future with the monster kit, a 400+c.i. motor, F.A.S.T. computer, and fully capable fuel system...

Just let me know whan this happens, I'll still be digging in the couch for grocery money.

Quick Reply: Another Single Turbo pic