Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another TransGo Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another TransGo Question(s).

I have done tons of searches on this subject, but I just wanted to double check some things.

First I have a TT3000, billet sevos, and a trans cooler, installed right now. I am going to put in the TransGo shift kit that has been sitting in my room for 4 months this week.

I am not going to put any washers in the 2nd accumulator body because of the billet servos I installed, but a I am going to install the orange and blue springs, right?

I don't know if I should install the red or the white spring in the valve body, not sure, because of the billet servos I installed. What one should I use with billet servos?

I am not going to grind a chamfer for the faster reverse release, I don't see a need for this. Is this going to be a problem?

On the separator plate I am going to the .093 bit, the bigger one, for every thing, but not sure about the 1-2 shift hole. It says use the .093 for full race & high stall, but I heard not to do the full race mode. Should I use the smaller bit, .082, for this hole?

In one of the bags I got two little metal caps, all most look like check ***** hollowed out, were do these go?

I am thinking I should get these. If I do, do they replace any of the TransGo parts?
Pinless Accumulator Piston
Pinless Accumulator Piston
Servo Release "Check Valve"
How do I know what I need? If I call the site do you think they will be able to help me?

I am sorry for all the questions, but I am very nervous about this install. I know I can do it, but just what some more info.

Thanks!
Ben

I am going to need alot of when I am done with this!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just seen the instaructions for the Servo Release "Check Valve" I don't think I will tackle that one. I don;t like the fact I have to drill the orifice bigger!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=1TRUESS]
First I have a TT3000, billet sevos, and a trans cooler, installed right now. I am going to put in the TransGo shift kit that has been sitting in my room for 4 months this week.

I am not going to put any washers in the 2nd accumulator body because of the billet servos I installed, but a I am going to install the orange and blue springs, right?

I didn't use any washers and did everything else. It shifts very hard.

I don't know if I should install the red or the white spring in the valve body, not sure, because of the billet servos I installed. What one should I use with billet servos?

Transgo told me ultimately this isn't critical. I used the red one for the non-vette servo.

I am not going to grind a chamfer for the faster reverse release, I don't see a need for this. Is this going to be a problem?

I didn't either and no problems. I figured i'd mess something up with my grinding skills!

On the separator plate I am going to the .093 bit, the bigger one, for every thing, but not sure about the 1-2 shift hole. It says use the .093 for full race & high stall, but I heard not to do the full race mode. Should I use the smaller bit, .082, for this hole?

I used the .082 but my converter is stock. You might want to give transgo a call and ask.

In one of the bags I got two little metal caps, all most look like check ***** hollowed out, were do these go?

There is a step for "if the transmission is apart". You'll see the use for this there, but if you're not doing a full rebuild you won't need it.

All I can say is take your time and DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING. It was a pain in the a$$ to take the pan off because of a bracket in the way. I ended having to undo the exhaust and cross member and jack the tranny up as much as it could to rotate the pan to avoid this damn bracket. Be patient and it won't be too bad.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks! My grinding skills suck too! I will definitely give TransGo a call tomorrow. I know what you mean about getting the pan off!

Any more help will be appreciated.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Oh yeah, maybe Hit Man X will chime in on those feed holes on the separator plate. I believe he posted something about some of those not needing to be so big when using billet servos. I went ahead and did what the recommended and my 1-2 shifts jerks me forward just about every time. That forward accumulator piston looks like a good idea. The only other parts I got were http://www.kdsperformance.com/acpifoavaboh.html They come with two. My 1-2 accumulator had one plastic piston and one aluminum one, so I guess I only need one but I went ahead and replaced them both. And I'd recommend zero washers in the 1-2 accumulator!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by yeary01z71
The only other parts I got were http://www.kdsperformance.com/acpifoavaboh.html They come with two. My 1-2 accumulator had one plastic piston and one aluminum one, so I guess I only need one but I went ahead and replaced them both. And I'd recommend zero washers in the 1-2 accumulator!
I did get one of those from KDS too. Not sure if the ones I posted are the same thing or not? So there is two?
Old 07-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I know that first link is a part that goes into the valve body itself. I didn't get that part, so I still have the crappy plastic piston. It probably would be a good idea to get that also. That and one of the 1-2 accumulator pistons (which is what you got from KDS) were the only plastic parts I found when going through my tranny. Have you watched the transgo video yet? It's a good reference and it has pretty catchy music!!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes I have! So, you think I should get the first link and use the one I got from KDS?

Anyone what to make a road trip to Columbus? I will have the grill on, my treat! No... really I am serious!
Old 07-11-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just found a link that Hit Man X made on "another board" He says to keep the 1-2 holes small. That answers that question.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1TRUESS
Yes I have! So, you think I should get the first link and use the one I got from KDS?
If I could go back i'd get that part from the first link, but I didn't have the part at the time I did the shift kit. I just don't trust plastic in something moving a 5000 pound truck, but I really don't want to drop the pan again and take the valve body out again. I really can't tell what the part in the second link is for. Maybe someone else will know? The pistons you have are good stuff! When you have everything apart, it'll make sense where they belong. The plastic piston in the 1-2 accumulator looks exactly like the one from KDS, so there's no mistaking it. Another trick they don't tell you in the shift kit is how to get the piston out of the 1-2 accumulator. There is a feed hole on one side. I've heard to run compressed air through it, but instead we pushed the tranny fluid out of it (it'll squirt a good ways too!) and luckily my buddy had strong enough lungs to blow into the feed hole and pop it out!

Quick Reply: Another TransGo Questions.