Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Another version of the Eaton 112

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 03:53 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSilver
the only problem with that sc is that the drive belt is off of the cam rather than the driveshaft. always a bad way to go; more slippage, more damage to engine possible, usually not as powerful
huh????
Old 01-27-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BlackSilver... what are you talking about?? Looks like that pulley below the TB spins a shaft that goes under the blower (between the blower and the valley cover) which in turn spins the blower with a little multi-rib belt at the back. There is no way that the cam is being used to turn anything... there isn't a pulley on the cam (or even a way to attach one, since it's behind the water pump).
Old 01-27-2005, 11:39 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSilver
the only problem with that sc is that the drive belt is off of the cam rather than the driveshaft. always a bad way to go; more slippage, more damage to engine possible, usually not as powerful
Old 01-28-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by runin9s
LS112-IC-92 - Intercooled
Harrop LS112 supercharger assembly using Eaton internals
Harrop supercharger inlet manifold and drive assembly
Harrop 92mm diameter throttle body assembly (using sensors from your original OE throttle body)
Harrop air to water intercooler kit
Intake duct
Wonder what the power is on this one?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Is it using a mechanical belt driven pump for the intercooler? That seems like a cool idea. I would think it would pump things a little too quickly though for the given intercooler fluid volume. unless they are using a four gallon setup
Old 01-28-2005, 06:23 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Its a crazy design. The C5 magna puts the drive pulley off the the side and brings it forward to catch up with the accessory belt. This unit puts the drive pulley below the compressor sandwiched between the intake. The shaft runs through the setup and terminates in that pulley under the throttle body. I'm not sure how it takes care of intercooling.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:49 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Thats very cool I wish my Radix would soon get here im getting jerked around.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BurnOut
BlackSilver... what are you talking about?? Looks like that pulley below the TB spins a shaft that goes under the blower (between the blower and the valley cover) which in turn spins the blower with a little multi-rib belt at the back. There is no way that the cam is being used to turn anything... there isn't a pulley on the cam (or even a way to attach one, since it's behind the water pump).

oops..... aparantly i didnt look hard enough. sorry guys. it looked like some of those i've seen in the past that you have to modify the cam or crank and attach a pulley. needless to say they suck

but this looks pretty cool
Old 01-28-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

I like that a real lot. Kind of looks like it's sitting on a "single plane" intake, with the shaft tucked underneath it. Still seems to be good room for an IC...
Old 01-28-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

That video... I think the setup sounds similar to a Radix, but not quite.

Anyone see the big video of the Silverado SS on the SSS site? It's got a radix and volant - I think it's a truck out of some magazine. The engine is revved like this, and the blower seems to "chirp" when it's under boost... not a progressive "WhirrRRR... WHIRRRR... WHIRRRR" thing.

Quick Reply: Another version of the Eaton 112