Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Any tips to knock down interior resonance (SUV)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second that.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by moregrip
Rick is an Awesome guy, good customer service, good product! I have nothing but good things to say about him.
Agreed!!!

He is a great guy, and very honest. For the Subaru community he has been a great asset. He even gives some good price breaks for certain forums.

All of his marketing is done by people like us. He doesnt really advertise other then people supporting him and having good things to say about him and his products.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Addict

Brian,

You mentioned your friend has a H2 with the Corsa... does he have a Magnacharger, too, by chance? I know that the Magnaflow wasn't bad until I put the Radix on. I guess it's all the extra airflow and the fact that I spend so much time on hills and in boost that is getting on my nerves.
I know the Corsa sounds good and is quieter, but I don't know that it retains those qualities once you start making a good amount of power. If the Corsa is quiet around town cruising but is still loud under part throttle boost, I won't be any happier with it and might as well stay with the Magnaflow. The Magnaflow is very well mannered under most driving conditions. Again, its the hills and the part throttle boost that gets to me.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:36 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Brian,

You mentioned your friend has a H2 with the Corsa... does he have a Magnacharger, too, by chance? I know that the Magnaflow wasn't bad until I put the Radix on. I guess it's all the extra airflow and the fact that I spend so much time on hills and in boost that is getting on my nerves.
I know the Corsa sounds good and is quieter, but I don't know that it retains those qualities once you start making a good amount of power. If the Corsa is quiet around town cruising but is still loud under part throttle boost, I won't be any happier with it and might as well stay with the Magnaflow. The Magnaflow is very well mannered under most driving conditions. Again, its the hills and the part throttle boost that gets to me.
Yes he does.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:18 AM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CHarris
Brian,

I am extremely happy with the sound from my setup. No resonance in the cab at all, but it's still loud when I get on it...especially after the LT headers. If you want to get rid of the resonance, you will not be disappointed with the Corsa package.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:45 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would consider a corsa myself if it wasn't for the single 3" muffler they offer. I've got dual 3" from the headers back. Putting a corsa on would restrict flow.

I'm currently running the magnaflow dual 3" in / single 4" out, 22" case. I put high flow cats on it this weekend and that cut out the rasp I had without cats, but its still loud. I'm now going to install a pair of 3" twister mufflers before the magnaflow. The twisters should give me the sound cancelation of a baffeled muffler then the magnaflow should reduce the tone. Lots of the car guys choose the twisters over bullets to reduce sound without giving up power.
http://www.flopro.com/Twister.htm
Old 06-14-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
I would consider a corsa myself if it wasn't for the single 3" muffler they offer. I've got dual 3" from the headers back. Putting a corsa on would restrict flow.

I'm currently running the magnaflow dual 3" in / single 4" out, 22" case. I put high flow cats on it this weekend and that cut out the rasp I had without cats, but its still loud. I'm now going to install a pair of 3" twister mufflers before the magnaflow. The twisters should give me the sound cancelation of a baffeled muffler then the magnaflow should reduce the tone. Lots of the car guys choose the twisters over bullets to reduce sound without giving up power.
http://www.flopro.com/Twister.htm
How about two Corsa 3" exhausts instead of one?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Post the link that sells the corsa mufflers by themselves.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ttt

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Post the link that sells the corsa mufflers by themselves.
...TTT Gonzo! You know better than that! Heh. Good one though.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by therock
...TTT Gonzo! You know better than that! Heh. Good one though.
Rock you know me.
How many mile on the truck now?going off on a radix huh?Give us a current assessment of this truck VS the old truck.

Quick Reply: Any tips to knock down interior resonance (SUV)