Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anybody know about mods to the 6.2?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody know about mods to the 6.2?

I have a 2010 6.2 that I put a Volant CAI on and a Dynomax Bullet and have been talking to Justin at BB about getting a tune... What else would be a good mod before getting a tune? UD pulley? Injectors? Intake manifold? Also, what is the difference between a 6.2 intake manifold and a Corvette intake manifold? Could I swap and see some gains or would I have to do a cam swap to really see the difference? It seems like all the performance parts I see are only for the 6.0. Will they work?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

headers
1 7/8's
3 inch y pipe.

stock injectors are fine. intake manifold is fine for what it is. it's a 92mm inlet. possibly an underdrive pulley. the tune will wake it up a ton. all depends on how far you want to go with it.

you're only about 2 hours or so away from me actually.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:56 PM

I have only found the SLP UD pulleys but they say they are for a 6.0. Will that work and will it give me anything I will notice? You have kook LTs? I have never heard of them but I have definitely been looking into 1 7/8 for sure with the 6.2. Justin said the autocal was available for my truck but not the EFILive. What is your thoughts about that? I think I am gonna have him tune it for sure
Old 11-08-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Regular

yes the 4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 pulley is the same.. kooks lts are nice and so are american racing...you should check those out also
Old 11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

the slp UD is fine. the tbss one works on the 6.2 stuff. kooks are decent headers, i like mine, just hate the crap hardware they send with them.

as far as the tune goes, they really aren't that hard, well to me their not. the trans is a whole nother animal in itself. i use the hp tuners stuff on my truck, and anything else gm relate for the past 4 years. it's all in the person doing the tuning and what software they want to use. different software, same results.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 AM

With all the talk about the headers, how much gain is there to be had? Are they worth the money? Is the more expensive, the better the header? I am new to the whole Chevy world but I know how much of this stuff is interchangable and it really blows my mind sometimes. I am still learning what is what and what works so I appreciate the input.

So I should get headers and the UD pulley? With my CAI and muffler, what kind of gains could I realistically expect with a tune do you think? Thanks again
Old 11-09-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

ive seen really good gains from headers 20-30rwhp approxx.. i dont think a UD pulley is worth it to be honest.. i would do headers next.. a stall converter will really wake it up!.. then get a tune from one of our sponsers.. if u need more power.. heads/cam or the forced induction route welcome to PT
Old 11-09-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

an underdrive will hit the stock stall faster. 4-8whp. not much of a gain honestly. the tune itself can drop some serious time at the track if done right. i saw more gain from a tune, than anything else to date on my truck. i am just setting it up for mods later down the road, which is why i got 1 7/8's headers. without certain control on the trans side, you run the risk of nuking an aftermarket convertor. as i said before. figure out how far you want to go with it, then work from there. with the massive aftermarket for the lsx engines, the sky is the limit.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM

Can an UD pulley be put on and not throw a code on the PCM? I was thinking about doing that before the tune until I find a set of headers I like and for the money. How much can I do before I can actually tune it? I want to do cams but I asked my dealer and they said it would void the head warranty. That sucks. BUT, I have heard of cool dealers doing mods like cams and if something goes wrong, they write it off like it was a factory problem and warranty it. I wish I had a cool dealer like that! So the TM on the transmission is a big deal from what I have read too and that is why I was wanting Justin at BB to program my truck. He said the EFILive isn't available for my truck since it is the 6.2 but the AutoCal is. Any word on those programs?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:57 AM

If I do ever get radical with this truck, I would go with an STS turbo...

Quick Reply: Anybody know about mods to the 6.2?