Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here, I'll be like a Mod and keep the (Performance Trucks.net) untested WCCH heads up top....Maybe I'll get a free set....
Old 10-19-2005, 05:24 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbob
Here, I'll be like a Mod and keep the (Performance Trucks.net) untested WCCH heads up top....Maybe I'll get a free set....
I posted up the dyno data, did you miss it?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by moregrip
I posted up the dyno data, did you miss it?
NO...in fact I did not.....When someone has a before and after dyno, then we will all know how they perform....PERIOD.....I'v have seen way to many Professional heads not perform in the before and after test. A pretty head doesn't mean anything to anyone. Put your heads on and do an exact comparison with no other changes. I'll assume they'll work good to great because of the good things I here about them (in fact I just worked on a car with a Huge set on a 447 LS1, flowed 340cfm @ 650) but you can not take a blanket dyno and say they work good, how do you know how much was from the heads? It just seems to me your pimping parts that no one here has experence with yet (and as a moderator that should be a no no). When you get them on, and dyno the "Before and After" we will all know the results........Here's a good rule of thumb...If you gain 10 (low average) 20 rwhp (average) 30 (high)......
Old 10-19-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

WCCH is a sponsor. Why can't he talk about them?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

If it were my money, extrude hone.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:17 PM
what a rush!

NO...in fact I did not.....When someone has a before and after dyno, then we will all know how they perform....PERIOD.....I'v have seen way to many Professional heads not perform in the before and after test. A pretty head doesn't mean anything to anyone. Put your heads on and do an exact comparison with no other changes. I'll assume they'll work good to great because of the good things I here about them (in fact I just worked on a car with a Huge set on a 447 LS1, flowed 340cfm @ 650) but you can not take a blanket dyno and say they work good, how do you know how much was from the heads? It just seems to me your pimping parts that no one here has experence with yet (and as a moderator that should be a no no). When you get them on, and dyno the "Before and After" we will all know the results........Here's a good rule of thumb...If you gain 10 (low average) 20 rwhp (average) 30 (high)......
lol, I guess I better get a before and after dyno then

I've have recieved alot of questions regarding my thoughts on these heads and I have answered them in these threads. I have also been asked advice regarding general setup, and I have given that advice in these threads. WCCH is a sponsor and I hold Richard in the highest regard with regards to work ethic and quality. I have posted a third party post dyno sheet and I have posted my very own flow numbers. I'm giving you all, what data I have, nothing more, nothing less.
Honestly, I don't see that as pimping, I see that as informing, but thats just me and the way I think. We're all adults here and realize opinions are like ******** and thats why we make decisions for ourselves, right?

I respect your thoughts, but would appreciate your personal opinions of me be kept to PM's, thank you.

Last edited by moregrip; 10-19-2005 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:21 PM
what a rush!

furthemore, WCCH didn't just start machining heads yesterday, they are a well respected company. Again, I am only posting what I posses, maybe a before dyno sheet exists on that truck, if it means that much to you, why don't you get in touch with Richard directly instead of making the above comments. Even if you don't like my style, contacting him directly might be more productive on your end with regards to what's important to you

Last edited by moregrip; 10-19-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:36 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

actually I have used his heads on a customers car about 1.5 years ago. We saw a 46 rwhp gain from the stage two West Coast Racing Heads....This was on a blown 5.3 with a Radix....nothing else. So you sir need to back off and know that just because someone does not post up on the web that something is great does not mean it is junk. Grippy is simply stating facts, he likes the heads, they look nice, and the flow numbers are what they are. Until you can bring something to the table that says otherwise you might want to rethink your attack. I am not a MOD and I would pimp WCCH any day of the week.

I think it is just fine for people to talk about their experiance with a sponsor on the web...I am sure you would if you had a great experiance with someone.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the fella's point was he came off over pitching a product as though he got it for almost nothing without any first had experience.Hell i would do that for a radix.

Im sure Richards product is TOPS
Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
I think the fella's point was he came off over pitching a product as though he got it for almost nothing without any first had experience.Hell i would do that for a radix.

Im sure Richards product is TOPS
LOL, I paid full price, do I need to scan the reciept? sheesh

and just for the record, as of today, I have paid $$$ for EVERY mod on my truck, there is not one freebie on that ***, although I sure wish there were

Last edited by moregrip; 10-19-2005 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?