Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Your a moderater and you paid full price? what kind of weak suck are you? thats sounds harsh I will take that back,im sure your combo will be awesome.!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:49 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Your a moderater and you paid full price? what kind of weak suck are you? thats sounds harsh I will take that back,im sure your combo will be awesome.!!!!!
thanks, I appreciate that........ I think
Old 10-19-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Richard heads look awesome,get the dang things on.Are you installing them? If there is a problem with them I will likely believe its you that did something wrong during the install.whos installing them? that is a better question first.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:55 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Richard heads look awesome,get the dang things on.Are you installing them? If there is a problem with them I will likely believe its you that did something wrong during the install.whos installing them? that is a better question first.
Come on dude, you've been around long enough to know I do ALL my own work well, except one time (I chickened out on the Detroit Locker and took it to a professional)
Old 10-19-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by moregrip
Come on dude, you've been around long enough to know I do ALL my own work well, except one time (I chickened out on the Detroit Locker and took it to a professional)

Dam your right,i should Know that

Your no rookie!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, I guess I better get a before and after dyno then

I've have recieved alot of questions regarding my thoughts on these heads and I have answered them in these threads. I have also been asked advice regarding general setup, and I have given that advice in these threads. WCCH is a sponsor and I hold Richard in the highest regard with regards to work ethic and quality. I have posted a third party post dyno sheet and I have posted my very own flow numbers. I'm giving you all, what data I have, nothing more, nothing less.
Honestly, I don't see that as pimping, I see that as informing, but thats just me and the way I think. We're all adults here and realize opinions are like ******** and thats why we make decisions for ourselves, right?

I respect your thoughts, but would appreciate your personal opinions of me be kept to PM's, thank you.

Wow...you guys sure can read a lot into a post...Re-read and you'll will see that I'm assuming they will work good to great. I don't need Richard telling me his heads will work great, I just want facts...The fact is Blown Chevys company has put these heads on vehicles and dynoed before and after. Now that we have before and after dynos we don't have to wait for your head install to find out...(isn't that what this whole tread was about). See, now we can make an educated guess as to how they will work on any vehicle, and I look forward to your numbers.

As to the personal opinions....I have none for you...When a person (especially a moderator) says or believes a part is good product he or she should have some basis (using the part would have been a good start) for their comments. Had I know you and Blown Chevy already had great numbers off these heads we would have not thought you were pimping a product that was not proven (pimping to me is just giving a good nod to a product)...I understand you are excited about a great looking head and want to share your enthusiasm for them, now that we see the numbers, we can all be enthusiastic about their products too and it looks like that might now be the way me and Cory go for heads on his BFM...Sorry, if I came out looking like kinda an ***....But, being in the Navy for so long (as you know) and nearing 40 years old. I don't want the package, I just want what's inside..... Now here's my pimping (with my new facts)....anything over 30 Rwhp is a great number, so I would believe that these would work great on any engine combo especially suppercharged.... The 46rwhp (that Blown Chevy saw) is a huge jump for any head....sounds like a great combo, Radix and the WCCH head....

Last edited by jimbob; 10-20-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by jimbob
Wow...you guys sure can read a lot into a post...Re-read and you'll will see that I'm assuming they will work good to great. I don't need Richard telling me his heads will work great, I just want facts...The fact is Blown Chevys company has put these heads on vehicles and dynoed before and after. Now that we have before and after dynos we don't have to wait for your head install to find out...(isn't that what this whole tread was about). See, now we can make an educated guess as to how they will work on any vehicle, and I look forward to your numbers.

As to the personal opinions....I have none for you...When a person (especially a moderator) says or believes a part is good product he or she should have some basis (using the part would have been a good start) for their comments. Had I know you and Blown Chevy already had great numbers off these heads we would have not thought you were pimping a product that was not proven (pimping to me is just giving a good nod to a product)...I understand you are excited about a great looking head and want to share your enthusiasm for them, now that we see the numbers, we can all be enthusiastic about their products too and it looks like that might now be the way me and Cory go for heads on his BFM...Sorry, if I came out looking like kinda an ***....But, being in the Navy for so long (as you know) and nearing 40 years old. I don't want the package, I just want what's inside..... Now here's my pimping (with my new facts)....anything over 30 Rwhp is a great number, so I would believe that these would work great on any engine combo especially suppercharged....
At your age I'm sure you have the depth to realize that not everything makes it to the internet, my PM's are always open and you can call me anytime.
btw, I'm no spring chicken either at 34.
I did reread your original post and it just doesn't read very positive IMO, that said, lets get this back on topic
Old 10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 46rwhp (that Blown Chevy saw) is a huge jump for any head....sounds like a great combo, Radix and the WCCH head....

Most FI set ups will see a greater gain...simply because of the air flow from the blower.

Its past my bed time.....Old farts need their sleep.
hhddb
Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 AM
FormerVendor

Jimbob: I can appreciate your skepticism with our products since there aren't numbers of threads posting many results. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the methods I relied on to develop our Stage 2, 6.0l porting program that are discussed in these posts were not developed with 25 years of my cylinder head preparation experience alone. I had some help from a trusted #1 employee who has 16 years of cylinder head prep experience (all with my company). Together, the two of us have been able to produce a wide range of race winning and gas mileage award winning cylinder heads. Our application experience goes well beyond race cars. We've prepared cylinder heads for boats, trucks and motorcycles that have won events, races and championships across a wide spectrum of motorsports. Because we're a small company and don't have a large sales and advertising staff we have a difficult time getting word out about some of our recent success and offerings. My passion with the Gen 3 Chevy engines is very real as I've been involved with modifying these heads since 1997. (I hope your seeing a trend here). We're in the process of updating our website to better inform those who choose to seek more information on our products and services. In short, we've been doing business here in Reseda, CA since 1984 and have no intention of moving on. This business is my life and I only hope that my past performance counts for something. Lastly, I've trained dozens of head porters over the years and now I'm only interested in training my CNC machining center to duplicate my ports. The CNC gives me ultimate control over the final product. Rest assured, when you purchase any of our CNC ported heads they have a considerable amount of development time and are not programs designed for eyewash purposes. Also when you call the shop, most of the time I'm the guy answering the phone. Please feel free and "drop a dime" and give us a call. We're happy to answer your questions and aren't afraid to let you know if we don't have an honest answer. We also have no problem giving opinions and sharing results based on our experience. We've been know to bench race a time or too also.

Stay tuned to this forum. I'm certain you'll soon see some threads posting results echoing experiences mentioned by some folks posting to this thread.

Happy modding everyone.

Richard

Here, I'll be like a Mod and keep the (Performance Trucks.net) untested WCCH heads up top....Maybe I'll get a free set....
Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 AM
11 Second Club

At your age I'm sure you have the depth to realize that not everything makes it to the internet, my PM's are always open and you can call me anytime.
btw, I'm no spring chicken either at 34.
I did reread your original post and it just doesn't read very positive IMO, that said, lets get this back on topic
Yes that is true...there is always too sides and more info than a person might type....I believe though that this thread will be very helpful for someone looking into heads, as some on here have asked about. It sounds like they have a great product that performs! As a consumer that's all we can ask for... back at ya....

Quick Reply: Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?