Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is anybody running WCCH heads right now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Jimbob: I can appreciate your skepticism with our products since there aren't numbers of threads posting many results. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the methods I relied on to develop our Stage 2, 6.0l porting program that are discussed in these posts were not developed with 25 years of my cylinder head preparation experience alone. I had some help from a trusted #1 employee who has 16 years of cylinder head prep experience (all with my company). Together, the two of us have been able to produce a wide range of race winning and gas mileage award winning cylinder heads. Our application experience goes well beyond race cars. We've prepared cylinder heads for boats, trucks and motorcycles that have won events, races and championships across a wide spectrum of motorsports. Because we're a small company and don't have a large sales and advertising staff we have a difficult time getting word out about some of our recent success and offerings. My passion with the Gen 3 Chevy engines is very real as I've been involved with modifying these heads since 1997. (I hope your seeing a trend here). We're in the process of updating our website to better inform those who choose to seek more information on our products and services. In short, we've been doing business here in Reseda, CA since 1984 and have no intention of moving on. This business is my life and I only hope that my past performance counts for something. Lastly, I've trained dozens of head porters over the years and now I'm only interested in training my CNC machining center to duplicate my ports. The CNC gives me ultimate control over the final product. Rest assured, when you purchase any of our CNC ported heads they have a considerable amount of development time and are not programs designed for eyewash purposes. Also when you call the shop, most of the time I'm the guy answering the phone. Please feel free and "drop a dime" and give us a call. We're happy to answer your questions and aren't afraid to let you know if we don't have an honest answer. We also have no problem giving opinions and sharing results based on our experience. We've been know to bench race a time or too also.

Stay tuned to this forum. I'm certain you'll soon see some threads posting results echoing experiences mentioned by some folks posting to this thread.

Happy modding everyone.

Richard
I still like a sponsored set (for Cory's rig) Oops, my quote did not make it on your quote..that looks like a suck up

Back to reality, in the NW we race all summer and put parts on as fast as we can afford them and give the results before and after. If there's a good change, people are likely to buy them...Any product that performs well, people will buy period!....so far we have used MTI heads, Morgan Motorsports heads, Tea's heads, Flow Tech heads and AFR. That is why I'm a bottom line kinda guy.... A vs. B vs. price.... Sounds like yours might be what the BFM ordered and we will have to talk at you soon on price.... Oh, and we have seen your work on a 447 ci engine. The heads looked great but with out us dynoing them or having a chance to race them at the local track I could not give a nod as to how they worked....Now with the numbers Blown Chevy has seen, I can......

Last edited by jimbob; 10-20-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Jimbob: I can appreciate your skepticism with our products since there aren't numbers of threads posting many results. I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the methods I relied on to develop our Stage 2, 6.0l porting program that are discussed in these posts were not developed with 25 years of my cylinder head preparation experience alone. I had some help from a trusted #1 employee who has 16 years of cylinder head prep experience (all with my company). Together, the two of us have been able to produce a wide range of race winning and gas mileage award winning cylinder heads. Our application experience goes well beyond race cars. We've prepared cylinder heads for boats, trucks and motorcycles that have won events, races and championships across a wide spectrum of motorsports. Because we're a small company and don't have a large sales and advertising staff we have a difficult time getting word out about some of our recent success and offerings. My passion with the Gen 3 Chevy engines is very real as I've been involved with modifying these heads since 1997. (I hope your seeing a trend here). We're in the process of updating our website to better inform those who choose to seek more information on our products and services. In short, we've been doing business here in Reseda, CA since 1984 and have no intention of moving on. This business is my life and I only hope that my past performance counts for something. Lastly, I've trained dozens of head porters over the years and now I'm only interested in training my CNC machining center to duplicate my ports. The CNC gives me ultimate control over the final product. Rest assured, when you purchase any of our CNC ported heads they have a considerable amount of development time and are not programs designed for eyewash purposes. Also when you call the shop, most of the time I'm the guy answering the phone. Please feel free and "drop a dime" and give us a call. We're happy to answer your questions and aren't afraid to let you know if we don't have an honest answer. We also have no problem giving opinions and sharing results based on our experience. We've been know to bench race a time or too also.

Stay tuned to this forum. I'm certain you'll soon see some threads posting results echoing experiences mentioned by some folks posting to this thread.

Happy modding everyone.

Richard
well said Richard.

All this talk about cylinder heads has got me chompin at the bit Thanksgiving will come soon enough....... I guess

I need to go get that baseline dynorun done though so I have something to compare the end results with

Last edited by moregrip; 10-20-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have a AWD dyno near here, I quess I will have to use the track.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:27 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mattrem
I don't have a AWD dyno near here, I quess I will have to use the track.
Nothing wrong with that at all! I may have to wait until March to get some track times but thats where it counts most, IMO anyway, where the rubber meets the road!

Keep us up to speed on your install and let us know if you need any help
Old 10-20-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Grippy this doesn't look to bad at all, Hopefully the whole plan will come together next weekend, I have done plenty of old school SBC stuff this LSx stuff is pretty easy so far. The cam swap was easy, didn't even use anything to hold the lifters. I think this will take about a good 6-8 hours, I have had mine apart 3 times I think. It gets easier every time.
The only problem is my UPS guy, he has had enough of me, LOL
I just found out that they are leaving tommorrow so they will be here in time for next weekend

Last edited by mattrem; 10-20-2005 at 05:12 PM.