Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

anyone ever have microswitch problems on a nitrous kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever have microswitch problems on a nitrous kit

I am having a problem with mine i think. I can arm the system, and pull the nozzle out and push the switch with my finger and it sprays. I go down the road to test it and nothing.

My switch has 3 prongs on it for wires. I have only two hooked up. power in and acc out. i wonder if that ground needs to be hooked up to make it work properly.

i am gonna go run one more test on it. i'll post up what i find out. but for now i am thinking the switch is bad.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by goshawk23
I am having a problem with mine i think. I can arm the system, and pull the nozzle out and push the switch with my finger and it sprays. I go down the road to test it and nothing.

My switch has 3 prongs on it for wires. I have only two hooked up. power in and acc out. i wonder if that ground needs to be hooked up to make it work properly.

i am gonna go run one more test on it. i'll post up what i find out. but for now i am thinking the switch is bad.

Well depending on your switch, you do not need a ground. You should have power going in one prong, and the the other side should come out and go to the solenoid. The switch (once again, depending on which one youhave) is nothing but an open/closed circuit. Good luck and let us know.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure your bottle is full.

make sure you dont have the jets swapped in the wrong places.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Truck addict

jets are in the right place and the bottle was filled prior to any spraying. As of now it only has about 4 sprays on it. switch seems to be fine. i tested the power in, and power out when depressing the switch. it is working. as i posted in the nitrous section, i glued a small square piece of metal to the switch arm to ensure the throttle blade doesn't slip off thus causing it not to spray. cause that arm is small and i could see where the throttle coming down fast could slip off of there.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goshawk23
jets are in the right place and the bottle was filled prior to any spraying. As of now it only has about 4 sprays on it. switch seems to be fine. i tested the power in, and power out when depressing the switch. it is working. as i posted in the nitrous section, i glued a small square piece of metal to the switch arm to ensure the throttle blade doesn't slip off thus causing it not to spray. cause that arm is small and i could see where the throttle coming down fast could slip off of there.

Yea, if you want i can show u show pics of my microswitch setup.. The TB nails the arm perfect every time. Also, if yours is screwed up, I think radio shack sells them if your looking for a replacement.

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Truck addict

ok, i think the problem is solved. i went out and tested it. i got the bottle pressure up and tried it. works perfect.

it hit really well when i let the bottle warm up a good bit.