Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone ever put a duramax in a 1/2 ton?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raisinkane
Back in the early 80's GM put a diesel in 1/2 tons.

I think it was a converted Oldsmobile engine.

They were horrible in the winter.
they were 6.2's
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by raisinkane
Back in the early 80's GM put a diesel in 1/2 tons.

I think it was a converted Oldsmobile engine.

They were horrible in the winter.
they were 6.2's
Old 10-25-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by exhappen
We had an Oldsmobile Cutlass that had that that 350 deisel in it. Big engine for that car. My dad said it ate batteries and alternators like a **** though.
We had a 81' Pontiac Bonneville w/ the 350 diesel in it and it worked nice. It was also loud. People would stare at the car at red lights cus it sounded like a freakin tractor. Pulled nice on top too. My dad sold it to my uncle for $500...wtf?

Last edited by Tractionless; 10-25-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by treyZ28
I was saying that it is a full length steel frame under the assumption you would be smart enough to realize how stupid your last comment was. I was mistaken.

As far as being slow- its a 4x4 ext cab on 33x12 mud terrains. Not exactly set up for racing. Thanks for noticing. Work on a few racecars, own a few bikes and some quick street/strip cars and you'll stop getting horney over 12 and 13 second car/trucks too
Right........nice cover up bud. Why don't you bring one of those street strip cars over then. Doubt you have one.
As for bikes go, that's a whole different class of racing. I've owned two different Honda CBR's a few years ago. A 99' 900 RR & a 03' 954. Without mods these bikes are already fast enough. But curiousity always happens and stock is always out of the subject. There is just no comparison when comparing a street bike to a truck or most modded street cars.
Lets just stick to trucks here. That's why we are here at this web-site.
If making your truck quicker or more powerfull is not your thing.......then why are you posting here?
You would not be the first 4x4 truck here racing it or modding it.
Your statement above probably wasn't the best thing to say. There are many guys here trying to make the most out of there 4x4 as well.
Just stick to your bikes and the web-sites affiliated with them since 13 to 12 sec vehicles are not your thing. That would make up the majority of us here.

Jim
Old 10-27-2005, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Right........nice cover up bud. Why don't you bring one of those street strip cars over then. Doubt you have one.
As for bikes go, that's a whole different class of racing. I've owned two different Honda CBR's a few years ago. A 99' 900 RR & a 03' 954. Without mods these bikes are already fast enough. But curiousity always happens and stock is always out of the subject. There is just no comparison when comparing a street bike to a truck or most modded street cars.
Lets just stick to trucks here. That's why we are here at this web-site.
If making your truck quicker or more powerfull is not your thing.......then why are you posting here?
You would not be the first 4x4 truck here racing it or modding it.
Your statement above probably wasn't the best thing to say. There are many guys here trying to make the most out of there 4x4 as well.
Just stick to your bikes and the web-sites affiliated with them since 13 to 12 sec vehicles are not your thing. That would make up the majority of us here.

Jim
Because I’m in college studying my *** off to get into law school. I don’t give a **** how fast the truck is right now. Why is this even a point of debate?

"Well, ok, I’m an idiot- but my truck can beat up your truck" I love the way the first thing to come from you in both posts was "well why dont you come down here and we'll race!" Good work. That will prove who is right.

I have had plenty of experience with fast things and powertrains. Its safe to say I know a bit about a chassis. I have more powertrain training/learning/development opportunities available to me than I care to utilize.

I joined this site to ask questions during my ultra rushed engine swap. Again, why is this relevant?

A stock or moderately modified duramax is NOT going to bend a 1500 frame. Or even come close.

What the hell is parish running? 1000rwtq/rwhp by now? Its ******* fine. Its a full length steel frame. Its not going anywhere.

My keyboard can beat up your keyboard.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

My keyboard can beat up your keyboard.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

A stock or moderately modified duramax is NOT going to bend a 1500 frame. Or even come close.

What the hell is parish running? 1000rwtq/rwhp by now? Its ******* fine. Its a full length steel frame. Its not going anywhere.
You don't know what your talking about. Ask Parish if the frame is reinforced?
It will flex a 1500 frame a little more than what would be wanted.
Where are your street/ strip cars???? Did you sell them already......
I guess we have a chassis genius on deck. What kind of chassis did you work on? Go-carts????

Jim
Old 10-27-2005, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I guess we have a chassis genius on deck. What kind of chassis did you work on? Go-carts????

Jim
dude, give it up already.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You would not be the first 4x4 truck here racing it or modding it. Your statement above probably wasn't the best thing to say. There are many guys here trying to make the most out of there 4x4 as well.
Would dropping a forged 408 in my 4X4 be considered trying to make the most out it?

Let it go Jim and Trey either way there isnt anybody doing it right now on this site so it doesnt matter the frames are strong they could probably handle the torque but there is ALWAYS room for improvement and boxing and putting sub frame connectors in would probably help.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jim
Yeah, Go-karts. I guess you can say that. Have fun twisting your steel frame with a relatively stock d-max

Quick Reply: Anyone ever put a duramax in a 1/2 ton?