Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone have issues with the cross over line hitting the

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Looking at the pic in post #11, looks like you are putting the reg before the rails sending regulated pressure to the rails? If that is the case, why not use a Y-block and feed both rails from the rear in parallel rather than putting the rails in series? I would think that would solve you clearance problem and give you more even delta across all injectors.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes the way it was set up was to work exactly as the stock set up works, yes regulated before the rail.. I can change it so that the fuel supply runs directly from the pump, enters the rear driver side rail, crosses in the front, then exits the back of the pass rail, into the regulator, out the bottom of it back to the tank.. I have the fittings to make this work, the current way, have been told by many that I should be just fine.. But their is some that say I might run into running the rails dry regulating it before fuel enters.. even if I feed it with a Y, going to the front, I still will have the issue of whether it will clear the alt or not... Hope you got all that..
Old 09-16-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FPR before or after the rails will work but like BigKID said, your pressure will be more stable across all the injectors if you run it after. Since your such a Boat *****, I'm sure you can relate to a dammed up lake analolgy I read on on LS1tech a while back.

An FPR after the rails is like controlling the water height in a lake by having a bunch of overflow pipes (the FPR) at the desired water level. As long as the rivers (fuel pump) feed enough water, any excess water (pressure) goes out the overflow and the lake always stays the at the same water level (psi). If you try to control the height of the lake (psi) by controlling the flow from the river (FPR before the rail), the water level (psi) is always fluxuating because you are always playing catch-up. You (FPR) is reacting to the problem instead of keeping it from happening.

Also both of the LS1Tech Fuel sponsors (Lonnie and Nasty) both say feeding one end of a rail and crossing over at the other end to feed the other rail is fine up to about 1000 WRHP. After that they recommend a bigger feedline (say -10AN) with a "Y" to the back of each rail and then an FPR in the middle of the crossover hose at the front of the rails.

Rick

Last edited by Rick_Vor; 09-16-2011 at 07:17 PM.