Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone Have o2 Troubles w/LT's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Have o2 Troubles w/LT's?

Has anyone had any issues with their o2 sensors(front obviously) not heating up or heating up to much after LT header install(specificlly coated Pacesetters)?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Sexy Party Mod

me but whenever i got a new tune in it all went away...no tuning to do so either. I think it was the pcm that i got. I think that White1 had that problem. might wanna pm him.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What codes are you getting. I have PO 1133/1153 probably due to not heating up enough with my LT's.

Last edited by Tiburon; 09-25-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

after installing my pacesetter LTs and ORY i haven't had a single problem with 02s, either set. i haven't even thrown an SES code for the rears and i don't have 02 sims OR tuning to turn them off
Old 09-26-2005, 01:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
me but whenever i got a new tune in it all went away...no tuning to do so either. I think it was the pcm that i got. I think that White1 had that problem. might wanna pm him.

Nah Pasesetter hasnt got off their *** and made them fit 4wd's yet. Saw Hookers are suposed to fit 4x4's though? Hmmmmm. More options coming available, Pasesetter better hurry up.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

my truck idles like crap with the long tubes on it. after i take my cam out im going to get it tuned in the comp.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here is what is happening. The dtc I keep getting is p0200(injector circuit malfunction) but I have the o2 dtc's turned off. Basiclly when I crank the truck in the morning it idles horribly like it wants to do. When I start to drive it its does the same(basiclly undriveable) thing it starts to load up and sputter but if I put it in 2nd gear and get into high rpms for a few seconds then put it back in drive it goes away mostly. Then sometimes if I go somewhere and park it for a 20 minutes or so and come back everyhting is fine other times its back to idleing horrible. It feels like when your running with 7 spark plugs except it has all the power it just doesnt want to open up and for the most part up in high rpms is great. I dont have any exhasut leaks,no bad plugs,wires arent touching the headers,and I just replaced the o2 sensors a few days ago. Ive cleaned the TB and made sure all the injectors are connected. I do have a descreened stock MAF(been descreened for a year) and saw where people have had issues with LT's and aftermarket and descreened stock MAFs but I havent seen any DTC's about it. Alot of the F-bod guys have troubles with their o2 sensors(front) after LT installs where the 02's werent heating up properly and staying heated up becuase they are farther away than stock. I dont know what this is but Im gonna clean the MAF and turn it a bit and if that doesnt work im gonna bring it in under warranty( ) to get a new one. Im also gonna try some header wrap,and if that fails im gonna do the vette 02's(they are higher volts and heat quicker supposodly),and if that fails I guess Im gonna have to move the o2 sensors up a bit and if any of you are familiar with the Pacesetter LT's there isnt but maybe 6 inchs to move them up so I dont see that working. Help! Oh and byt he way the LTFT B1 & B2 are reading almost the same as well as the STFT B1 & B2 so the 02's are good.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:26 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With an injector circuit malfunction code I'd be checking out the connections at the injectors. 1slowhoe had a problem where the wire terminals were spread out and not making a good connection...not sure what code he was getting but I know it drove him nuts for a while.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

couldn't you just put a set of sims in the place of the 02's
Old 09-26-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mangledgmc03
couldn't you just put a set of sims in the place of the 02's
I have already removed the rear (2) o2's and have them turned off on the PCM the ones I am talking about are the front (2). I guess techniclly I could remove them and not use any 02's but I dont want to got hat route!

Quick Reply: Anyone Have o2 Troubles w/LT's?