Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Anyone have pics of Kooks headers installed on their truck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have pics of Kooks headers installed on their truck?

Just got off the phone with Kook's and they make headers for our trucks. I just have to see if anyone here is running them and if they have pics to provide. Pricing was better than ARH too and by the pics they look to be built just as well. Now I just want to know how they fit. If someone has pics of the Kooks installed in their truck, please post up
Old 02-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Kooks are awesome headers, I'm interested in seeing some pics and how they fit as well.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 Kooks makes top quality stuff
Old 02-24-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know some people run f-body kooks but does anyone know of gto kooks fitting our trucks? buddy has some that have been sitting for 2 years now
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Just got off the phone with Kook's and they make headers for our trucks. I just have to see if anyone here is running them and if they have pics to provide. Pricing was better than ARH too and by the pics they look to be built just as well. Now I just want to know how they fit. If someone has pics of the Kooks installed in their truck, please post up

oh damn!! i knew i was suppose to post some pics about something!!!!

i wouldnt see a problem if the now make them for TRUCKS!! the only issue i have is the passenger is really close ( touching ) the frame rail but not in the sense that it would hurt anything a little massaging will fix it but if they are now made for trucks then there shouldnt be any issue?

Originally Posted by siktruk
i know some people run f-body kooks but does anyone know of gto kooks fitting our trucks? buddy has some that have been sitting for 2 years now
i'd get the passenger one and try it
Old 02-24-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah well they don't list it on their site but they for sure make a 1 7/8" x 3" header for the 99-07 trucks. You can either get the y-pipe with them OR the dual mid pipes if you have a 6.0L Pricing from some of the vendors on tech is coming in VERY GOOD so far. Just 5 more calls to make
Old 02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Yeah well they don't list it on their site but they for sure make a 1 7/8" x 3" header for the 99-07 trucks. You can either get the y-pipe with them OR the dual mid pipes if you have a 6.0L Pricing from some of the vendors on tech is coming in VERY GOOD so far. Just 5 more calls to make

ahh ok so they arent offering a true 1 7/8's stepped to 2" header for trucks?

side note: i pulled my tranny today, to remove stall and get it to chris at circle-d so i'll have some good pics for ya if you still want them
Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by skeet

side note: i pulled my tranny today, to remove stall and get it to chris at circle-d so i'll have some good pics for ya if you still want them
If you still have em off Saturday we can compare them to the ARHs
Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by skeet

I can call back and see if that's an option. I'm sure once the jig is made, they can use any size pipe you want. I'll find out tomorrow and let you guys know. Also please send pics! The likelyhood of me finding used kook's race headers is greater than truck ones. I still have a few months before I am going to install whatever it is I buy
Old 02-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago George Kook contacted a member of this site. They used pics of the fbody race headers installed in the Truck chassis. Measurements were taken and forwarded to George. I recall their was suppose to be enough interest in them first before they would be built. Seeing this now isnt no new suprise but glad to see it becoming true.

I believe the truck mentioned above was a white with blue stripes silverado with a 408

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of Kooks headers installed on their truck?